RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Think I may join the Slash club

I have a Mini Revo that you virtually cannot race in any competitive class. That said I know that a Slash can. I'm thinking brushed with the AM radio then swapping out the receiver and linking it with the TQi that came with my MERV. Anyone know where to buy the Slash at lowest cost and what upgrades it absolutely needs?
    Last edited by funnya1b2c3; 02-15-2013 at 09:20 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Aw heck I'll keep the stock radio, if its a 2.4.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by funnya1b2c3 View Post
    I have a Mini Revo that you virtually cannot race in any competitive class. That said I know that a Slash can. I'm thinking brushed with the AM radio then swapping out the receiver and linking it with the TQi that came with my MERV. Anyone know where to buy the Slash at lowest cost and what upgrades it absolutely needs?
    start looking at Ebay for a roller. build what you want then i just ordered a Chassis new from there and going to build off that for my next project
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

RC Racer
    heck look on here in the marketplace can find rtr decently priced or roller cheaper than ebay in most cases

RC Competitor
    Bought mine from Ultimate Hobbies.

RC Qualifier
    i started out on 1/16 summit/slash/merv thing but soon got a 1.10 slash and sold it. The performance a bigger 1/10 vehicle offers is without comparison. Sure the 4wd mere can go through grass faster than 2wd slash but try it out on the track...general bashing...its no brainer. Good Choice! I bet you can post add on craigslist or ebay to sell the 1/16 that you have for close or more than a 2wd slash will cost you. I ended up make $100 (sold for 270 used) off my 1/16 and got a used slash for 90$ then got a 130$ vxl power upgrade for it. GL
    'Life is for living, not living uptight'

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, but I'm not gonna sell my MERV. I was looking for the most inexpensive slash I can get so I dont have to sell the Revo:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Slas...item19d589958a
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRAXXAS-XL-5...item19c4417030
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-1-10...item5d3abbe553
    and I'm still deciding on a body.

Well..
    Buy a rtr one with 2.4 ghz and XL5
    For 225

Or even better that but vxl..

I know it's alot more for vxl but totally saving when it come down to it..
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    If you don't want to wait for the mail and you're looking to get it cheap craigslist is the best way to go, I don't know if there's a lot in your area but where I live there's tons of r/c's for sale on clist all you got to do is know what to look for to make sure it's not trashed, test drive it, look for broken things etc.

RC Qualifier
    Ya, I still need money. When you're 13 $200 is a ton of money. I was saving up for the Revo for about 6 months. In Illinois I don't think theres a lot of people at all, let alone RCists, let alone slash owners, let alone 2wd slash owners, let alone 2wd brushed slash owners, let alone people who want to sell theirs. But if theres anyone still in those categories Ill definetly search because like 9/10 people in Illinois live in the Chicago metro.

RC Qualifier
    So if not craigslist ebay

RC Qualifier
    yea ebay or amazon, just go on craigslist (if you haven't already) go to you city/state don't even pick a category just go straight to the search bar and type in traxxas see if anything pops up