RC poster

Car loses signal

The car is losing radio signal when it gets just a couple houses down the street checked wires and made sure antenna was ok light on transmitter is green don't think it is batteries ..just changed bad servo but wouldn't think that would mess up radio signal car is just a month old any suggestions.....

RC Champion
    Welcome to the forums!

What radio are you using?

I would try changing the batteries first. A fresh set *might* make a difference in terms of your range...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC poster
    I am using the radio that came with the truck 2.4..before changing servo you could control car all the way across the park barely could see car....

RC Champion
    Okay, I would try fresh batteries first...if that doesn't work, let us know. There are a few guys here who will get you an answer FAST.

RC poster
    Alright I put new batteries in and made sure they had full charge old batteries were at 50% ....got a few extra feet maybe but there is something still wrong with signal loss could it be changing bad servo did something to reciever? Thanks for helping...
    Last edited by D.Bowie; 02-15-2013 at 08:15 AM.

What servo are you using?
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    ^^^ That's one of the guys I was referring to...listen carefully!

RC poster
    Hey figured it out ...it is the new stock servo ....second servo in one month traxxas is sending out another one they said if it happens again my reciever box is messed and is interfering with servo signal....I am new to the hobby and I am learning at break neck speed that 70% of this hobby or more is working on these cars ...which is cool because I enjoy it hey thanx again for helping out I appreciate it...Traxxas customer service pretty good cant complain about them but am a little disappointed in the electronics quality of the car and all tires on the car have come unglued and are coming off the rims .....I have all kinds of upgrades ordered so no big deal just would like to get my money's worth out of the stock parts first the truck is only a month old....Bash On
    Last edited by D.Bowie; 02-16-2013 at 06:46 AM.