Thread: Upgrades?

RC Qualifier

Upgrades?

Pretty soon here I'll be getting new upgrades what's a good site to get good prices maybe coupons and discounts I'll probably be spending anywhere from 5-600$

RC Qualifier
    Dang dude, you're a really "head first" kind of guy, huh? Can't wait to meet you! LOL. I'd love to help you spend your money. You gotta meet the local crawler club, too. You can really blow some money there. Maybe I'll come out to Mike's even though I got nothing to drive this weekend and throw back a couple of . . . coca colas.

I got a million dollar slash, too. My favorite part of the slash is the HUGE aftermarket compared to every other RC. Every single part of that truck can be upgraded, even though it may not be necessary. The only original parts on my slash are the front skid, bell cranks, and transmission gears. Everything else has been changed out even though I've only had about as many breaks in two years that you've had in two months! You drive more often than me, of course. For five hunny you can (customize it) exactly how YOU want it.

Me, I like bodies, custom paint, Vanquish parts, Fast Lane Machine aluminum, Castle systems, Proline shocks, wheels and tires, and cheap lipos. I can blow some money with just that stuff.

Try Tower Hobbies, A Main Hobbies, Amazon, EBAY, google searches, PepBoys, . . . Slash parts are everywhere! Just take a few minutes and find the best price at the time you're ready to buy. Many online sites get parts to your door in 3-4 days, which isn't bad.
    Last edited by snicklefritz; 02-15-2013 at 03:43 AM. Reason: said a "dirty" word
    I Wanna Go Fast!

Snickle Fritz...

What's PepBoys?
    I am going to Florida soon..
    There EVERYWHERE!!
    Is it a big LHS chain like hobby town USA?
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

Pepboys,is an auto parts store,in the Detroit area,don't know about Florida?
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    Snickle Fritz...

What's PepBoys?
    I am going to Florida soon..
    There EVERYWHERE!!
    Is it a big LHS chain like hobby town USA?
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Pepboys,is an auto parts store,in the Detroit area,don't know about Florida?
    Yep, in CA too. Last time I was in there they had slashes, stampedes and some parts.
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Qualifier
    they have r/c stuff at pep boys!??? haha didn't know that, but my 2wd slash is pretty much good enough for me since I'm going to use it for bashing mainly, I plan on buying another slash and blowing all the money on it to race it and a better upgraded charger and a few lipos, I'll probably end up getting the platinum or ultimate edition seeing that it already has upgrades that I'd be getting, but I will take out the vxl system immediately and replace it w/ something new to me since I'm already running the vxl, but yea when I get into a hobby like this and like it I can tell it's something I'll be doing and don't plan on stopping so I don't mind getting a head start, just can't wait till I'm as experienced as a lot of you guys on the forum, haha I'm already trying to get my girlfriend a slash and can't wait for my son to be old enough
    Last edited by XRated; 02-15-2013 at 09:45 AM.

RC Qualifier
    PepBoys only has stock replacements, I was just making a point. ultimate or PE is probably a good way to go! Then maybe get a mmp/2400 combo.
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Qualifier
    do you think they'd have stock servo replacement gears in the store???, but yea I'm still looking and trying to get the best deal for my price range so I could have it built right when I take it out the box, yea a few people suggested going sensored for racing but I think for a cheaper price I can do fine w/ a castle mmp or I was looking into the sv3

RC Qualifier
    Go big or go home! Lol I picked up a sc10 that's going to be my race truck. And I'm going to use my slash as a backup and something my gf or buddy can use when we go riding or to the track lol.

With the amount of money you are going to spend you will have a pretty beast truck.
    2wd slash, PL LCG, CC 3800, Powerstrokes, S6040

RC Qualifier
    yea that's what I want haha, what's your guys opinion on the spektrum dx3s and do I need to do anything extra if I decide to get it, also is the mmp 2400kv combo good

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...etry-w-FREE-RX
    Last edited by XRated; 02-15-2013 at 10:38 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by XRated View Post
    yea that's what I want haha, what's your guys opinion on the spektrum dx3s and do I need to do anything extra if I decide to get it, also is the mmp 2400kv combo good

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...etry-w-FREE-RX
    Ive used the spektrum dx3s its nice. I prefer the futaba 3pl it fits nicely in my hands and the airtronics mx sport for a budget but good radio.

I've never used the 2400 but I'm sure its nice. The 3800 is a sweet spot motor for me, good torque decent top end...runs cool through a wide selection of gearing. IMHO you can't go wrong with any cc motor but I prefer the 3800 its perfect for 1/10 scale.

What kind of price do they have on a stock 2wd slash
    Quote Originally Posted by snicklefritz View Post
    PepBoys only has stock replacements, I was just making a point. ultimate or PE is probably a good way to go! Then maybe get a mmp/2400 combo.

RC Qualifier
    alright I'll look more into radios I like how the spektrum has the lcd screen so I can see speed, temps, and voltage, I'm most likely going to go w/ a cc combo, probably going to get all the big stuff first then work on durability as things break, so I'll start w/ motor esc combo, servo, few gearing set ups, suspension, tires, you guys get the point haha and I'll most likely get the spektrum on amainhobbies it's 164.99$ w/ free rx

RC Qualifier
    I can't find the slash in my area code but here's some examples for pepboys

http://www.pepboys.com/search/?term=...niEvent=event1

+1 on the cc3800
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDonJuan View Post
    Ive used the spektrum dx3s its nice. I prefer the futaba 3pl it fits nicely in my hands and the airtronics mx sport for a budget but good radio.

I've never used the 2400 but I'm sure its nice. The 3800 is a sweet spot motor for me, good torque decent top end...runs cool through a wide selection of gearing. IMHO you can't go wrong with any cc motor but I prefer the 3800 its perfect for 1/10 scale.

RC Qualifier
    I'll check out the 3800, seeing that the price will save me some money as well

The 2400,3800,and 4600 are nice

I would use the 2400 for bashing
    3800 for racing and bashing
    4600 for racing

Don't under estimate the velineon,the cc3800 has a bit more torque,But the right driver will walk all over a cc3800, with the vxl system,I have said many times,the driver is 75+% of the equation.
    I own three of each,and in all honesty,the velineons get more use.
    I'll check out the 3800, seeing that the price will save me some money as well

RC Qualifier
    yea I like my velineon besides it seems it heats up quick but either way I do want to try another set up and if I don't sell the new vxl system that'll come w/ my new slash I'll have it as an extra for whatever reason

Don't sell it,as fast as your getting into this hobby ,you'll need it down the road,one of my cc3800 hasn't even been taken out of the box. But one day ill need it,and it will be there.
    The velineon gets warmer because its a two pole.
    Most regulation tracks wont let you run the 3800. In the 2wd class.
    yea I like my velineon besides it seems it heats up quick but either way I do want to try another set up and if I don't sell the new vxl system that'll come w/ my new slash I'll have it as an extra for whatever reason

RC Qualifier
    yea I'll probably keep it, it would be nice to have a fresh combo laying around, haha this thread kind of is ending up in the wrong section as it grows lol, I'm so used to posting on here so I asked for upgrade advice and good prices but most of this will be for a 4wd

Lol yeah^^

RC Qualifier
    so anyways we could end it here thanks for all the help and advice on stuff that's mutual

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    What kind of price do they have on a stock 2wd slash
    249.99 sometimes they have them on sale.

RC Competitor
    Spend the 500-600 towards a second car/truck. its better to have 2 r/c trucks vs 1 hopped up one.

RC Qualifier
    I have a 2wd slash right now it's pretty set up for bashing since that's all I'm going to be using it for, I'm picking up another one but 4x4 just for racing

RC Qualifier
    New combo I'll be picking up is the cc3800kv w/ mmp sct esc, any1 know the highest c rating on 2s lipo that won't be overkill

RC Champion
    I like the genace 5800 mah @ 40c and have also had good luck with Hobby People 5800 mah @ 25c. I also have SkyLipo's 5000 mah @ 40c. The run time is great on the 5800 mah batts, 30 to 40 minutes.

The hobby People batts seem to be very good... similar to the Traxxas lipos...which I run in my E Revo.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis