Thread: Lipo Bags?

RC Qualifier

Lipo Bags?

So I have some Lipo batteries to go into my Slash 4x4, and I'd like to store them in some sort of lipo safe bag, so which is the best bag for this and do these bags work? I'd like to have more peace of mind when I'm not at home. I know that I need to charge them and use them soon after and take care of them and not misuse, don't let them heat up, etc etc, but how do these lipo bags work and do they even work at all?

lipo bags work for their intended purpose to contain a fire if one should occur but it shouldnt with proper care of lipos. you also should store lipos like a on cement floor or some where its not flammable. traxxas has lipo bags now check their BUY TRAXXAS button on top or your LHS should have them in stock as well there are other lipo bags out there but traxxas would make a lipo bag worth its price.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    I ended up getting 3 of these:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RC-LiPo-Li-Po...5400e3e&_uhb=1

For $4 each and free shipping I though they are an OK deal. I know that they shouldn't catch on fire with proper care, but still better safe than sorry. I'd rather a $30 battery burns instead of my 700k house with everything in it while I'm on vacation.

yup good thinking, i just got me a Sentry Fire Safe today for my lipos for both charging and storage. has enough room for about 8 lipos maybe 10 but 8 to be a nice fit. Glad you got some lipos bags and good luck and fun bashing.
    DEU 8:18 ESV