Thread: Some People...

RC Qualifier

Some People...

I can't believe some people are actually that bad to the point that they steal?... My beats head phones (top of the line, and very expensive- $150 expensive) were stolen. I had to run to my locker to put my school laptop in the library, took the conents of my hoodie pocket and set it on a counter, and asked my friend to watch the items, his reply was sure, no problem. Which i was only gone for 2 minutes at most, i came back and there was a kid (not little kid, high school kid) standing right by my items, rubbing his hands by the spot where my head phones used to be. I didn't think anything of this, he left and i went and picked up my stuff, and my head phones were gone.... I am having my Mother contact the school to ask the principal to review the security cameras to see if it was that kid... which that kid has gotten in trouble with the school for stealing in the past. Hopefully, this will all get cleared up and i get my headphones back.....

But bottom line, why do people feel the need to steal?!!! Are people just that lazy? for nearly everything i have, i worked and saved up the money to buy the items, even the head phones..
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by i killed kenny View Post
    Are people just that lazy?
    You just answered your own question bud. Sorry for your loss. Hope you get it worked out.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Champion
    schools are notorious for thievery. ill admit i stole candy once when i was a child. no idea what i felt. i wasnt broke. i also got caught. and it wasnt good. back in those days dads used a belt instead of a shrink. nuff said i never stole again, and i despise thieves. i had a motorcycle stolen a few years back. i was really frustrated. so i also knew what the store owner felt when i took from him. humans is all i can say.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

I hate it
    I had an iPod Touch
    I got if for Christmas in 2010
    Last year on the bus I lost it
    I know I lost it on the bus because I used it on the bus
    I got off and immediately looked for my iPod
    Not there

Next morning
    Get on the bus
    Ask her (the bus driver) if she saw it
    She said no I looked and not their

I was looking forever, in every crack and corner

Funny thing is I am the first to get on and off the school bus
    I think my bus driver stole it

I bought a new one 5 months later, and am using it now to type this post
    It kinda sucks though, that was my only present and it was gone..

I buy everything too.
    At least since mid grade 7
    Except for track days which my dad says is his treat
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    schools are notorious for thievery. ill admit i stole candy once when i was a child. no idea what i felt. i wasnt broke. i also got caught. and it wasnt good. back in those days dads used a belt instead of a shrink. nuff said i never stole again, and i despise thieves. i had a motorcycle stolen a few years back. i was really frustrated. so i also knew what the store owner felt when i took from him. humans is all i can say.
    Honestly I stole in grade three
    Their was a poke mon card I really wanted
    Took it when it was recess
    I felt bad and gave it back
    He is a now good friend

I hate people that steal too
    In my dads factory alot of people steal
    My dad used to have one of those van Houton coffee machines, the big things you see at malls
    Some guys stole all the money every once in awile

Also my cousin got his iPod and wallet stolen at my dads factory
    He got fired

Not to do with theft
    One of my dads employees got fired and drove into his ford f250 and fled
    He got arrested

Also
    My ex-bestfriend
    He steals about 100$ worth of monster energy drinks a week
    He also has stolen an iPad
    He smokes
    I hate him
    Ever since I found this out I've been inching away from him
    By the time grade 9 comes I don't even want to talk to him ever again..
    I don't want to accidently become like him some how

Highschool scares me...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    Honestly I stole in grade three
    Their was a poke mon card I really wanted
    Took it when it was recess
    I felt bad and gave it back
    He is a now good friend

I hate people that steal too
    In my dads factory alot of people steal
    My dad used to have one of those van Houton coffee machines, the big things you see at malls
    Some guys stole all the money every once in awile

Also my cousin got his iPod and wallet stolen at my dads factory
    He got fired

Not to do with theft
    One of my dads employees got fired and drove into his ford f250 and fled
    He got arrested

Also
    My ex-bestfriend
    He steals about 100$ worth of monster energy drinks a week
    He also has stolen an iPad
    He smokes
    I hate him
    Ever since I found this out I've been inching away from him
    By the time grade 9 comes I don't even want to talk to him ever again..
    I don't want to accidently become like him some how

Highschool scares me...
    Don't be scared of high school. I was too! ( I am in grade 10 now.) my high school is built for 700 kids and currently we have 1400, one of the four gym teachers told me the other day that last semester they had over 500 dollars of cash stolen from people's pants in the change room. They also had iPhones,iPods,laptops,iPads. You name it, it was stolen. Crazy stuff but I like high school because you have lots of freedom. Like if I am thirsty I just leave school whenever I want and go to Tim hortens. And come back again. KDVANB if you have any questions feel free to pm me. I know we live in different provinces but the schools are much the same so yeah.

LOL Tim Hortons.....
    It's a Canadian thing...

Iceroad2...
    I always though you were like 30
    LOL honestly
    It's just because I look up to you as long as alot of other members

high school is nothing to be scared of just mind your own business and get your school work done and youll make it lol. i did over 10yrs ago. stolen stuff is always going to happen no matter if its in school or if you own your own home or living with parents still.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    high school is nothing to be scared of just mind your own business and get your school work done and youll make it lol. i did over 10yrs ago. stolen stuff is always going to happen no matter if its in school or if you own your own home or living with parents still.

I am excited for all the tech classes though

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    +1 infinite to sentence #7 & 8.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    Got my iPod Shuffle stolen. Sucked

RC Qualifier
    This is why I don't take anything expensive to school..Can't trust anyone these days.
    I only take my old school MP3 player and my wallet.. It probably doesn't help that I keep 60$ in my wallet, along with driver's license..

Maybe the OP would like to put his complaint in "The Rant" thread??
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...he-Rant-Thread.
    Never trust a fart.

RC Enthusiast
    I don't want to come off rude or anything, but just you pay a premium for beats, it doesn't mean that they are premium. Beats certainly are NOT premium, they are THE most overpriced headphones that you can buy. The sound quality is HORRIBLE, especially for the price. Sense they were stolen i would recommend that you buy some audio technica ath-m50s, if you like balance sound. If you like more bass heavy music, then get the sony xb-500s or the vmoda crossfade lp1, all of these headphones have MUCH BETTER sound quality than beat, and are more durable.

RC Qualifier
    Unfortunately, when the economy dives, crime thrives. Its sad but true.
    And it doesnt matter what part of the country you live in, we're all succeptible.
    Best thing you can do is, ssume you will be a victim of theft sooner or later(because you will),
    Act accordingly to prevent it. Be vigilant, and use common sense.
    Last edited by NitroTrout; 02-16-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: publik edjucayshin speling skilz
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroTrout View Post
    Unfortunately, when the economy dives, crime thrives. Its sad but true.
    And it doesnt matter what part of the country you live in, we're all succeptible.
    Best thing you can do is, ssume you will be a victim of theft sooner or later(because you will),
    Act accordingly to prevent it. Be vigilant, and use common sense.
    this is also why i have a secret closet in my closet for my best rcs.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    I steal lead out of peoples' mechanical pencils sometimes...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dennerracingteamdrt

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceroad2 View Post
    Don't be scared of high school. I was too! ( I am in grade 10 now.) my high school is built for 700 kids and currently we have 1400, one of the four gym teachers told me the other day that last semester they had over 500 dollars of cash stolen from people's pants in the change room. They also had iPhones,iPods,laptops,iPads. You name it, it was stolen. Crazy stuff but I like high school because you have lots of freedom. Like if I am thirsty I just leave school whenever I want and go to Tim hortens. And come back again. KDVANB if you have any questions feel free to pm me. I know we live in different provinces but the schools are much the same so yeah.
    Hah, I'm in grade 10 as well in Canada, maybe we go to the same school? Haha but yes, one of my friends stole some candy, choc from Mac's and the police chased him and caught him, parents were called, principals were involved. Then he started smoking, let's just say we don't go to the same school anymore, he was kinda expelled. I don't know why you would steal. I mean, if you go get a job, you can get whatever you want, not whatever is on the counter, and you don't have to feel horrible doing it. I've never stolen anything because I'd feel too bad stealing. I feel bad when my mom tells me to do something and I don't. Moral of the story= don't steal, it's not worth it. I hope no-one will steal my Slash 4x4, it's my prized possesion!

RC Qualifier
    Hah, I'm in grade 10 as well in Canada, maybe we go to the same school? Haha but yes, one of my friends stole some candy, choc from Mac's and the police chased him and caught him, parents were called, principals were involved. Then he started smoking, let's just say we don't go to the same school anymore, he was kinda expelled. I don't know why you would steal. I mean, if you go get a job, you can get whatever you want, not whatever is on the counter, and you don't have to feel horrible doing it. I've never stolen anything because I'd feel too bad stealing. I feel bad when my mom tells me to do something and I don't. Moral of the story= don't steal, it's not worth it. I hope no-one will steal my Slash 4x4, it's my prized possesion!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by vladsly View Post
    You kinda have a double post..

Any-who, I'm in grade 10 as well! Only I don't live in Canada.

I only have one RC and that is my Stampede 2x4 VXL.. It's my pride and joy! I am staring to find out there are more people around me who run RC's but I don't talk to them much and they aren't on the forum.. which is a shame, because if you own Traxxas and have internet but aren't on the forums, your missing out on a lot of very helpful information with many willing people to help..
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    sorry it has taken me so long to post an update- was out of town due to state wrestling... anyways i watched the school video, you can see the head phones on the "counter", the kid im pretty sure that took them blocks the view, but you can see his arm lower and grab something, then him leaving with the headphones now gone. Evidently, this isn't enough proof...

RC Champion
    The camera was the only thing keeping him honest and he blocked it out. Did they have your name on them? I would ask your friend where they are, maybe it was a inside job.

I'm sorry your headphones were stolen from school. I would honestly say though, bringing expensive electronics to school and having to be concerned about them while your main concerns should be school itself, you're taking risks you don't need to.
    I would not bring something to school that if lost/stolen it would be a problem of any kind....

Keep It Simple, if you don't have a set of headphones, a Smartphone, or any expensive electronics at school you won't have to worry about someone stealing them.

I do hate thieves, and I am sorry you lost your headphones.... My kids don't take their expensive headphones to school their Cell phone is a cheapy that does the job. They prefer not having to worry about it being stolen is a lot less stress. School and getting good grades is enough to worry about.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Qualifier
    My Jato got stolen a couple months ago and that was $520! now ive got no use for my nitro gas
    Philippians 4:13

RC Competitor
    I agree with Nitronaught, taking items that cost, say, more than $50 or $100 to school isn't the best idea. I make sure things that are mine, and good or expensive possessions stay mine. Sorry to hear about all the theft going around

RC Champion
    I think it really depends on you're situation, for example nothing (except food) gets stolen at my school.there were a few reports of done wallets getting seen but... Some people just leave their laptops on to of lockers and no one takes them. I go to a public school but it is a magnet school, it was/ is the best high school in the US.ive brought my rc cars in a few times too. I'm really lucky to go to a place like my school but sometimes going out into the real world i forget that not everyone is like us nerds.for example if someone is walking in front of you they usually won't hold open the door but everyone does at my school
    Last edited by zonda95; 02-25-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    sppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!

RC Champion
    At my High school there really isn't much stealing except bikes on the bike racks if they are not locked. One thing that was funny is for a senior prank some guys tipped some guys Chevy S10 upside down and the school made it get towed instead of just tipping it back over. Lol pretty funny but would suck for the guy who's truck it was.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Champion
    1400 students! My school was built for 1000 and we now have 3100 students! On another note, one day I left my bike by a table about 100ft from where i was playing football and somehow i got so into the game i didnt realize that someone was stealing my bike, people these days
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    The reason why i have been bringing my expensive head phones to school, is because it's and hour long to and from school. My town is too small (500 people, and this count was taken during the "boom" when there was an excitement in the oil industry, thus many people moving to town for a job), anyways, our town is too small for a high school. So, instead of building various small highschools, there was one normal sized highschool built for 3 towns in the area. Even for the students of 3 towns going to this school, there is no more than 900 students attending this high school. I was born and raised here, and never had a problem with theft (until now of course). So i dont think twice about bringing something of this sort to school. Thus, i do not have stress of having something stolen.