RC Racer

Traxxas 3610 docking base?

Just wondering if anybody has it and how is it working out for you? I'm thinking of getting the dock for my 2.4 transmitter. Also see you need the telemetry sensors to go with it.
    Pull the trigger & ride. You gone crash or Bash!!!

RC Champion
    I like mine...use it with my Maxx Brushless. The only telemetry reading I question is the speed, which is RPM-based. I know it's going faster than 35 mph downhill on asphalt, especially with the taller pinion.

The temperature and voltage readings are very handy though...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Competitor
    This is the first I have heard of a 3610 docking base. Sounds like it is similar to the TQi. Does it turn the TQ system into a TQi type that accepts the telemetry information. If so where can I get it? Thanks
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Champion
    It is for the TQi radios only.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Racer
    Thinking of getting it for my Stampede, and wanted to see what others think about it.

RC poster
    I have the 4 channel w/dock. I added the telemetry to my Bandit. When it was working i liked it a lot. However i have had 2 Transmitters go out (just the upper portion of the transmitter). I can take the dock and put it on another transmitter and it works fine. From what little information i can find its a firmware issue. It is worth getting in my opinion I just hope they fix this firmware issue. I have yet to send it in but from what I'm reading it will be covered under warranty.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zippogeek View Post
    I like mine...use it with my Maxx Brushless. The only telemetry reading I question is the speed, which is RPM-based. I know it's going faster than 35 mph downhill on asphalt, especially with the taller pinion.

The temperature and voltage readings are very handy though...
    I don't really question my speed anymore because 1st I was getting a few crazy speed reading, but then I put my gps in the truck also and as long as my wheels stay on the ground it reads almost exact with the gps. But if the wheels come off the ground and spin, I found out that it will still read the revolution of the wheel turning, but keep em on the ground and mine is good. Just make sure you system is setup, with spur/pinion gear and tires. And as far as the other sensors they are on point. Temp sensor is about the same as my temp gun, and I love the voltage meter. I even used it on a non-traxxas vehicle and the sensors worked.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ENFA View Post
    I found out that it will still read the revolution of the wheel turning, but keep em on the ground and mine is good.
    Good point...my truck is a wheelie machine, so I'll factor this in.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Racer
    Yeah once I put the GPS in it and saw the times almost exact and it only went off course when the wheels went off the ground, I knew what the problem was. The wheels have to stay on the ground or they will spin that speed up out of wack.