Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    Lol ^^^

This thread is making me want to buy a mervlet
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Champion
    Well, we've hit page two now and I'm still not convinced I should get a MERV. I'm still considering it (actually, the point of this little exercise is to separate myself from my cash as quickly as possible )
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zippogeek View Post
    Well, we've hit page two now and I'm still not convinced I should get a MERV. I'm still considering it (actually, the point of this little exercise is to separate myself from my cash as quickly as possible )
    The best way to separate yourself from your cash is to give it to yoire lhs for a merv. Then report back to us on how glad you are that you finally broke down and got one! Lol
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    I want to know why I should stick with the 1/16 e-revo and not go for a LCG slash or 1/10 Rally. This discussion has got me thinking that I should maybe switch platforms. I'm rough with my MERV. Can I be equally as rough on a 1/10 scale without worse consequences?

RC Qualifier
    I believe the 1/10ths are more durable

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Slono View Post
    Can I be equally as rough on a 1/10 scale without worse consequences?
    My son's 1/10 Slash is meaner than 10 miles in new shoes. It's bone stock and he beats the living snot out of it on our concrete driveway. Death rolls, cartwheels, head-on vs. the house, etc. I've replaced one tiny part. My 1/10 Rally is also extremely durable, though not exactly good for bashing or jumping. I love both of them for their toughness.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The major difference between any RC that has a full body and any RC that basically just has an electronics cover in durability relates to the shell more than the components. The full body is going to take the brunt of the hits... not the open wheels of the electronics covered RC.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    MERV's are good because they fit in a back pac, or a carry bag. I take "her" for a walk, if she runs afoul somehow, in the bag and home to get TLC..
    1/16 EREVO, 1/10 SUMMIT

RC Racer
    My merv is straight BAD! Yep, even my big dog is afraid of it.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 02-15-2013 at 10:49 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I want to know why I should stick with the 1/16 e-revo and not go for a LCG slash or 1/10 Rally. This discussion has got me thinking that I should maybe switch platforms. I'm rough with my MERV. Can I be equally as rough on a 1/10 scale without worse consequences?
    Not the diffs! I just finished 1/8 scale diff conversions on my erbe and embe after tearing up about 10 diffs. Now with upgrades they are pretty bulletproof

RC Enthusiast
    It is a great truck, but if you realy want to bash it and stuff like that you have to more than double its price. There is just so much that works, but by way not good enough. For example the diffs. They strip cause of the weak bulkhead but if you want to upgrade this you ll need to buy 2 bulkheads of around 60 bugs..... You need some alu axle carriers, rpm a arms, aftermarket servo (I took the hitec hs-85mg), SOme lipo`s, upgrade you driveline to steel, get some proline tires, upgrade toelinks and pushrods, better shocks cause they cant handle stif oil....., bumpers.

So thats a whole lot, not even everything but the most of it.......

But the whole point of it? Simple, I bough a stampede 4x4 a few weeks ago and it is faster but doesnt feel like its faster. It is so much bigger but cause of that you need pretty a lot more speed before it feels the same. And you can take it everywhere you go, fits complete with radio and batterypacks in the smal versions of the eastpack backbacks.

RC Champion
    Thanks for all the feedback guys! I understand all the pros and cons you're talking about. I think I'm still going to resist buying one (at least for a few weeks ) so I can keep saving for a Summit.

RC Qualifier
    oh yeah

save up for a summit!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zippogeek View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback guys! I understand all the pros and cons you're talking about. I think I'm still going to resist buying one (at least for a few weeks ) so I can keep saving for a Summit.
    Get both. Problem solved!

RC Champion
    Get both. Problem solved!
    Indeed!