RC Competitor

Way to clean new Pro-Line Tires?

Picked up some new Pro-Line tires and was wondering if there is a quick and easy way to remove the brown off of them?
    It comes off with a bunch of scrubbing but want to know if theres another way.

The one on the left is untouched while the right one has been scrubbed vigorously lol.

RC Qualifier
    i dont know never worried about that only need CLEAN TIRES FOR A SHELF QUEEN
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

RC Competitor
    Only wanted them clean for the first time since its a new build. After that they'll always be brown lol.

Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    i dont know never worried about that only need CLEAN TIRES FOR A SHELF QUEEN
    When you glue them up you kinda need them clean as possible...

Use simple green or strong soap..
    In warm water
    Try a toothbrush to scrub and..
    Scrub scrub scrub...
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    Ill be using beadlocks. So no glue here. Ended up getting it all off with one of these filled with soap. Had to run out and buy the GF a new one after though lol.

I think that brown stuff is a releasing agent they spray in the mold so the rubber won't stick to it. It is some nasty stuff. I just soak a rag in brake cleaner and it wipes right off. I don't worry about getting into the treads if you run it in grass once it'll clean between the treads.

I got some Proline edge tires a while ago for my Rustler and they were absolutely covered in that stuff. I had to clean them inside out. Especially on the beads so the glue would setup correctly.

RC poster
    Hit the auto parts store and get some Bleche-Wite tire and white wall cleaner. A little of that with a brush and you'll be all set

Quote Originally Posted by teamfx3 View Post
    Hit the auto parts store and get some Bleche-Wite tire and white wall cleaner. A little of that with a brush and you'll be all set
    +1. Probably even better than Simple Green. I've been using something very similar to Bleche-White, but even better. It's not available to the general public though and the place I'm working at now doesn't use it. Matter of fact, I finally washed my Tacoma after work today and the Simple Green wouldn't take all the junk off my rims. So I'm off to Advanced in the morning for a new bottle of Bleche-White. I know that stuff will do the trick. Definitely second best to the stuff I used to get at work. Awesome for R/C tires. Makes for a pretty decent traction compound too.

Here's what my PL tires looked like after using the cleaner form my job. They almost looked like they were soaked with armor-all. The cleaner made the rubber so sticky that when I stacked all four of them on top of each other, I could grab just the top one and all four would come off the bench together.

Granted this pic was taken after a check-in lap, so there's a little dirt on the tires already.

Last edited by harry697; 02-15-2013 at 09:49 PM.

RC Racer
    Denatured alcohol or Power Shot electric motor spray works well.
    Team Greyhound: the 40+ mph club

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a View Post
    I think that brown stuff is a releasing agent they spray in the mold so the rubber won't stick to it. <snip>
    It wouldn't be from that. Silicone is used to prevent sticking to the mold (used to work in the business). All of my Prolines came out of the bag clean. Those look like they were handled a bit prior to sale.