RC poster

ordered a new chevy crew cab body for my summit how do i fit it?

just curious as how anyone else went about putting a silverado crew cab on there summit??

RC Qualifier
    Uuuuum with body clips?? sorry couldn't resist.

I bought body posts for an e revo and layed out my holes. I thought about modifying the summit posts but I may want to run a summit or other SUV body some day.

I also cut a notch in front and back to clear the stock bumper mounts so I could get the body as low as possible. Some use revo bumper mounts from rpm and don't have to make the notch at all or as deep, I liked the placement of the bumper with the higher mounts...that's just me.

Be careful laying out your holes or the wheel wells will rub the a arms...not a big deal you can always make them bigger if you're off a little. If you get it right the a arms barely clear with no modification needed.

The wheel wells don't quite line up with the wheelbase but it still looks "OK" IMO.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect
    Last edited by happymachinist; 02-13-2013 at 06:39 AM.

RC poster
    thank you that does give me a solid direction to go to badass work on yours too! looks great

RC Competitor
    I have not done this but saw another thread on here a while back where the guy reversed his bumper mounts so they angle down to accommodate the body with out trimming it not or if it was the same body but was done to accommodate a body fit, with the revo mounts. Might be worth a try before you start trimming the body. Good luck.
    Don't take it out unless your going to use it.