RC Racer

Summit owners in NY lets get together and take the summits out

Summit Owners lets get together for a fun summit bashing, rock crawling outing. We can organize a date to meet at bear mountain. If you need more info on how to get there please contact me. Bring out all your RC's if you wish. This could turn out into a great event since bear mt is a very versatile area for bashing and crawling. It'll be great to meet other summit owners, share mods and tips etc. So guys what do you think of this meeting lets make it happen
    ^^Summit Kawasaki Edition and E-revo VXL^^

Traxxas Employee Texas Wheelman's Avatar
    I copied this to the Track/Buddy locator forum, so look for replies there also.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

RC Racer
    Awesome thank you for your support.

RC Racer
    would you be willing to travel a bit further South closer to NJ?? Great places to bash in the Palisades area. let me know. You can PM me.
    I play til something breaks

RC Qualifier
    Road trip!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxxray757 View Post
    would you be willing to travel a bit further South closer to NJ?? Great places to bash in the Palisades area. let me know. You can PM me.
    Yea i can make a drive to the palisades area funny story i just got home right now from the palisades mall theatre

RC Racer
    Yea man come thru,, come on guys lets make this big im sure there alot of summit owners in the area that want to go bashing/crawling. Come and hangout ppl bring out the SUMMIT's for some good times.

RC Racer
    throw out some possible dates

RC Racer
    We can plan it out for the first weekend of March or 3rd weekend of March either Saturday or Sunday is ok with me lmk if any these dates are good to make it official.

Sure - the more you plan this, the greater chance we'll have of getting snow dumped on us in March.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    I like it, i'm in too! Sometime in March sounds good, lets get some tentative dates set!

RC Racer
    Sundays are better. I can do March 10 or 17

RC Qualifier
    traxstar. if you are serious start collecting emails so you can set date/time. I pm'd you mine. Hope we can all make this work out. Looks like we can easily get half dozen of us.

RC Racer
    Awesome great feedback so far. Im going to do my best to make this a succesful event. Im also thinking about dragging out the date till' March 31 its a sunday reason being is to get the most ppl together as this thread will grow and hopefully grab other SUMMIT owners attention.

MrHammer2u thank you for a great idea on making this happen officially. If you are interested in being notified all updates to this thread please pm me your email also check here as this will be the main source. I will provide date and location as we all get in accordinance with this.

Lets talk about locations, my suggestion is Bear Mt. - TMAXXRAY757 suggested around the palisades area which is fine by me. Any suggestions WMENDO21?

This is my first time creating an event like this i looked around to see if there was anything like this in my area and No was the answer. So i decided to make one awesome event but ofcourse you cant have a concert without fans LOL. Come out and bring your SUMMITS and other rc's aswell.
    Last edited by traxstar; 02-16-2013 at 07:50 AM.

RC Competitor
    AWWWW... I'm jealous!!! I'm north of Boonville, NY. 4 hour drive, one way, in the winter, on a Sunday, work on Monday... Nothing EVER happens up this way. LOL Have fun guys!!!

Traxxas has a strict language policy. A word filter operates to change inappropriate words and banned websites or brands to *s. When you see these in your post, you MUST edit them out.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-16-2013 at 06:21 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I;d join if it weren't 7 hours away! Sorry guys. Have fun!
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Racer
    roadtrip guys!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by traxstar View Post
    Awesome great feedback so far. Im going to do my best to make this a succesful event. Im also thinking about dragging out the date till' March 31 its a sunday reason being is to get the most ppl together as this thread will grow and hopefully grab other SUMMIT owners attention.

MrHammer2u thank you for a great idea on making this happen officially. If you are interested in being notified all updates to this thread please pm me your email also check here as this will be the main source. I will provide date and location as we all get in accordinance with this.

Lets talk about locations, my suggestion is Bear Mt. - TMAXXRAY757 suggested around the palisades area which is fine by me. Any suggestions WMENDO21?

This is my first time creating an event like this i looked around to see if there was anything like this in my area and No was the answer. So i decided to make one awesome event but ofcourse you cant have a concert without fans LOL. Come out and bring your SUMMITS and other rc's aswell.
    Palisades area sounds good, even around Nanuet or Nyack area. Traxstar whereabouts are you located?

RC Racer
    Im located in Tarrytown, very close to the palisades area.

March 31 will be the date scheduled for this event.

Time to meet up, it's still being debated either 11am, 12pm or 1pm - tell me what time is best?

A list of who is going so far:

1: Traxstar
    2: WMendo21
    3: mrhammer2u

Lets keep this list growing guys!!

RC Racer
    Im out. that date does not work for me. only March 10 or 17.. Let me know if you do it again some other time.
    Quote Originally Posted by traxstar View Post
    Im located in Tarrytown, very close to the palisades area.

March 31 will be the date scheduled for this event.

Time to meet up, it's still being debated either 11am, 12pm or 1pm - tell me what time is best?

A list of who is going so far:

3: mrhammer2u

Lets keep this list growing guys!!

RC Qualifier
    Next time, have it a little closer to buffalo
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Qualifier
    I may be a +2. Did anyone scope out an area? Would hate to get there and not know where to run. Grassy knolls and parking lots only provide so much entertainment Any locals???

RC Racer
    March 31st is Easter this year. Any chance of a reschedule? Earlier or later doesn't matter to me...
    We'd bring 3-4 summit drivers

Not any snow where I live...it looks like a lot of fun...We've just been having torrential flooding...not sure if I am keen to submerge my summit under water tho.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Oh yea,...Easter. I def can't ditch the fam on that day. That weekend is out for me boys. Hope you can reschedule.

RC Racer
    Sorry for the misunderstanding i didnt realize that Easter lands on March 31 this year. Let me know if the new date is a good one April 7 Sunday or it can be the following Sunday April 14 which is fine by me. This actually gives the chance to have more summit owners come out and on the plus side the weather should also be warmer.

PM me to be added to list of whose attending to event - thanks guys
    Last edited by traxstar; 02-20-2013 at 05:21 AM.

RC Racer
    We're in for the later date. x3

Not to thread jack, but if any north jersey/southern New Yorkers want to meet up before this, PM me. We have 3 summits in Sussex county NJ. Willing to drive up to an hour.

RC Qualifier
    later date =

RC Racer
    Np uncledave, I would personally meet up too but im waiting for some lipo batteries and a set of trenchers soon to be purchased.. Im personally having concerns about the location since tmaxxray757 was the person who suggested to meet at the palisades area im personally not familiar at all with that area and have pm him for the specific address but no response so far?? I would feel more comfortable making this meet at a location in which I know it would be a success and fun day for all of us. These locations are Bear Mountain awesome trails, Peekskill trails big area all day fun for sure there, another spot would have to be in croton another long trail all these locations I mentioned are great the land is all terrain perfect for summits these places also have big parking lots and public bathrooms. I can provide address to each specific locations, alright well ill let you guys decide on locations I have given my suggestions and I am open for new locations aswell.

As for the list we have:

3: mrhammer2u (x2)
    4: uncledave (x3)

April 7 is fast approaching. Any more thoughts?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    my summit is up for it

RC Racer
    We are all ready x3. Just need to know when/where...