Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast

Thumbs up Look at this a Dusty Motors Shroud Specific for LCG Chassis.....Hmmmm ♪ ♪

Well look at this! Dusty Motors is now offering their shroud specific for the LCG chassis. I'm currently using an Outerwears that was meant for a Slash 4x4 HCG. I never purchased one for the Rally, I just used a spare one to help keep most of the trash off the chassis pan. I'm super excited and just ordered one up. Sad thing is it will be shipping direct from Dusty_Motors in Lithuania. With the shipping cost its still close to what The Toys is selling them for the other models. Which is where I purchased the other ones I own at.

Pave is going to kick me for showing him this.

♪ ♪ Dusty Motors LCG Shroud ♪ ♪
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 02-12-2013 at 08:21 AM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    It seems like a huge hunk of change for a little piece of fabric with a zipper, but...I guess I could be spending money on jewelry for the wife instead. ;-)

RC poster
    I like getting dirt all over the body and wheels...it's a Rally after all, but there are a few places I hate getting dirt in and this will certainly solve that issue. Thanks for the heads up.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    DANG IT... what am I going to do with the two I already have for the non LCG...

Yes, I will be ordering this. No, I shouldn't. No, my wife will not be impressed.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    I can remember myself saying that many time's Pave. time to sell some tire's.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    DANG IT... what am I going to do with the two I already have for the non LCG...

Yes, I will be ordering this. No, I shouldn't. No, my wife will not be impressed.
    I just so happened to stumble upon it. I had to buy direct from them. I'm sure it will take a couple weeks or more to get here. The good thing is it will fit correctly on the chassis, the problem we've had with the other ones. I think i'm going to put a foam block (cut down) at the front of it to fill in that void.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I contacted Dusty Motors about their improving the design on the first version of the shroud on the Rally and LCG slash. That I was one of the early adopters and if they would give me a good price for the better design and replied back and said we take care of our customers and we'll ship you the new version right on out. Within 10 days they hooked me up with it. Can't argue with service like that. Yahoooooooo!!! LOL

This last picture shows the updated version that covers the whole front of the chassis and should minimalize the rocks that make it inside the chassis. Which is why I purchased one. I havent installed the new one yet, but I will here this weekend.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I remember there being some talk of temps being a lot higher with either this or the outerwears. Can you shed any more light on the temps with and without the cover?
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

I use both brands on my rigs. The temp does rise a little bit (5-10) last time I checked. Not enough to bother me and I live in south east Texas. Plus I'm a stickler when it comes to heat. I keep my temps between 150-160.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Ok, thanks. I guess I will need to pick one of these up. What is your preference? I am leaning towards the dusty motors since it has a zipper making for easier access to the battery.

RC Champion
    Just another good product for my LCG chassis I can't afford... lol
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by badaml View Post
    Ok, thanks. I guess I will need to pick one of these up. What is your preference? I am leaning towards the dusty motors since it has a zipper making for easier access to the battery.
    They both have their pros and cons. I do like the zipper on top. I still blow out the chassis after running them to get the fine particles out. All in all i've had good luck with both. I can post pics of each installed on different trucks if you like.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Appreciate the offer of pics, that is very kind and helpful Not necessary though, I will probably go with the dusty motors