RC Qualifier

Stock Summit Tires Question

I mentioned a couple times here and there that I am taking my Summit to a Winter Camp this weekend, and there is going to be lots and lots of snow. I want to know one thing though. I have seen many people posting pictures about their tires ripping in the snow from being cold a ballooning. I was wondering, is there a way to stop or prevent all of those micro tears from happening? Thanks, Jacob Chandler
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Champion
    I have not had a issue with my tires... Iv been out bashing in -10 degree weather. Even on high speed turns i have not ripped a tire yet and i check them after every run..

RC Qualifier
    I haven't had a problem, the stock motor doesn't have much torque or enough top speed to wreck them, unless maybe you were purposely trying to rip them on sharp terrain etc.
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Competitor
    I have never had a problem with mine in winter snow & cold but some people suggest tapping the inside of your tires to decrease ballooning it may help. here are several video demos on how to do this on you tube. Also those who have mentioned tears & rips have mentioned that the tears were cause by ballooning & cutting on traxxas stock bead locks so you may want to remove them. Hope that helps & have fun.
    Don't take it out unless your going to use it.

RC Qualifier
    Would smoothing the edge of the beadlocks help instead of taking them off?
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    I've never had a ripping problem in the cold, only on rocky terrain. Personally, I like the look without the beadlocks, but that's just me
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC Qualifier
    OK. Well, I am going to try and shave down the rough edges of the beadlocks to see if it makes a difference. If the tires don't rip when I run them in the snow this weekend, they are golden. If they do though I will just find the money to upgrade the tires.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Just got back from running for almost an hour in the snow. Pretty much all in second gear. Didn't have one tear on my stock tires when I got back.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info. I will have my GoPro on my Summit and my Friend will have his camera. Maybe there will be a girl there who is small enough my Summit can pull on a sled.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit