Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Honestly, i can't tell yet.. I need some shims before i can use them. Also, only have 1 printed model, so not enough for the front diff and back diff. I'm going to order the hybrid front bulk and another printed model of the diff casings, so i can test these.

I'm confident the hybrid bulkheads are going to be strong enough, if anything they will need brass inserts for the threads. As for the diff casings, those are strong too, but i can't tell if these will be strong enough to prevent flexing and thus killing the gears.
    Last edited by WesleyK; 09-10-2013 at 12:17 PM.

RC Qualifier
    The front hybrid bulk is finally done:

Normally i should have the prototypes by the end of next week

Next up... The rear bulk...

RC Champion
    The truck looks awesome! I like the hybrid bulks also.
    E-revo mmm/2200
    100+mph tc4 neu powered

RC Qualifier
    Dude this is awesome, I use to do auto cad but i've lost all my skill, i wish i could of kept with it. I'm surprised FLM hasn't jumped on this, you should sell the designs to Traxxas, fixing their mistake that should of been taken care of years ago!

It would be nice to have aluminum tie bars on both sides of the suspension pins, especially the lowers. on thare rear bulk head it would benefit a lot from an aluminum tie bar in the front of the bulk.

I am sure they (everyone) are watching....not the first thing to be taken from these forums and put into production.....
    Traxxas connectors, or rear brace are a few examples......

edit
    good work by the way....
    Last edited by 87 GN; 09-15-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Awesome job Wesley, finally someone took the bull by the horns. I definitely will think of getting a erevo again if those bulks work.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by phildogg View Post
    The truck looks awesome! I like the hybrid bulks also.
    Thanks! Slowly its starting to look how i want

Quote Originally Posted by mydudrevo View Post
    When will they be available?

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs
    Don't know yet, the first prototypes will be here by the end of next week, i need to do some testing on those, and probably make some adjustments before they will perfectly fit. While testing the front i will start drawing the rear bulkheads, which will take about 2 weeks. Those will need testing too of course. When i'm satisfied with both the front and rear they can be ordered online, and shipped cheaply to the USA and to the Netherlands (<10 dollar) and ship within 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Dude this is awesome, I use to do auto cad but i've lost all my skill, i wish i could of kept with it. I'm surprised FLM hasn't jumped on this, you should sell the designs to Traxxas, fixing their mistake that should of been taken care of years ago!

It would be nice to have aluminum tie bars on both sides of the suspension pins, especially the lowers. on thare rear bulk head it would benefit a lot from an aluminum tie bar in the front of the bulk.
    Yep, i really like drawing in 3d, you should try to catch up sometime .

Well, the E-Revo bulks are quite complicated, and it's almost impossible to create bulks out of aluminium AND to sell them with profit. They would be too expensive for most. I know integy makes some, but those are made from integy aluminum.. Which is a no go for me. And those arent for larger diffs, so you keep the same problems with the stock diffs. Another option is for RPM to jump in and injection mold them from there nylon blend, but thats also risky, its going to be very expensive to create the dies, and you'll never know when traxxas updates the E-Revo. I think its actually not that strange that nobody has made them.. Unfortunately..

Hm, the tie bars are a great idea! I will try do design something! Should make the bulks even stronger

Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    I am sure they (everyone) are watching....not the first thing to be taken from these forums and put into production.....
    Traxxas connectors, or rear brace are a few examples......

edit
    good work by the way....
    Lets hope they do!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    Awesome job Wesley, finally someone took the bull by the horns. I definitely will think of getting a erevo again if those bulks work.
    Thanks! Will post my updates here !

Some renders of the final models:

RC Qualifier
    Stop teasing...

The thought of having these bulkheads that actually fit the LST diffs in them, being made out of RPM plastic blend and available for me to buy...

You could actually be the Patron Saint of E-Revo... the guy who saved them from the scrap heap... He who did what Traxxas could not or would not...

RC Enthusiast
    What are you using for dog bones?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RC Racer
    Those bulks look great. Can't wait to see if this actually becomes a reality.

RC Qualifier
    I'm going to use LST drive axles and the center dog bone kit from kershaw designs.

@GreatWhiteRevo,
    Thanks, i expect the parts this friday, let's hope they work

RC Qualifier
    Nope unfortunately not, i bought a set a while ago, before they were discontinued. I plan on installing them when my bulks are ready.

RC Qualifier
    Need some further testing to do first, before i can start working on those kind of things .

RC Enthusiast
    Are you making an entire bulkhead or just a case?

RC Qualifier
    The entire bulkhead will be replaced, and 1/8 diffs will drop right in.

Looks like its all coming together mate...Nice! What modelling programme you using, SolidWorks, Inventor? I attempted a similar project last year with SolidWorks but got bogged down and swamped with a ton of drawing work since then.

Keep up the good work mate...a few of my mates and I have been following your progress.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Sneak preview:

White,,, I wanted black... Just kidding, Nice work looks real good.

RC Qualifier
    They only can print using white powder . But you can have them dyed by them in black. And guess what, they use some sort of rit dye to dye the parts black. Which I'm going to do myself of course .

Yep if the plastic will take the dye, there are a few different colors. orange, red, blue, black, and a few others.
    Again nice work!!!

RC Qualifier
    Awesome job man they look real good

Posted by my Galaxy tab 3 8"

RC Enthusiast
    You know your a god in the revo worded right Wesley?

RC Qualifier
    More pictures:

The gears mesh nicely . There a some minor things that need to be tweaked, but nothing major. I might actually be able to test my first prototypes in the field .

Another part i had printed:

3D printed version of my custom stub axles, so i can use HPP hubs with the LST axles. These will be made out of titanium.

Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    Looks like its all coming together mate...Nice! What modelling programme you using, SolidWorks, Inventor? I attempted a similar project last year with SolidWorks but got bogged down and swamped with a ton of drawing work since then.

Keep up the good work mate...a few of my mates and I have been following your progress.
    I'm using Solidworks to draw these models. It indeed was quite a hard job to get these bulks drawn. I think I have put at least 40 hours into the design. And thats only the first prototype.. And only the front bulkhead... . Ah well, I like to do these kinds of stuff and i'm pleased with the results I have to say.

Thanks all for the comments!
    Last edited by WesleyK; 09-26-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    I'm using Solidworks to draw these models. It indeed was quite a hard job to get these bulks drawn. I think I have put at least 40 hours into the design. And thats only the first prototype.. And only the front bulkhead... . Ah well, I like to do these kinds of stuff and i'm pleased with the results I have to say.

Thanks all for the comments!
    Nice, I thought it was SolidWorks...I am a Design Draftsman myself and use SolidWorks too. I never got as far as you have...I went a slightly different route not a hybrid bulk like you. I remember how difficult it was for me modelling the bulks. Unfortunately our SolidWorks are network licensed so I had to do my modelling at work and as luck would have it...haven't had a chance to get back on this in over a year. Its balls to the wall this end and the busiest I have ever been in years drawing.

Very impressive mate...Well Done! Awesome job my friend .
    Last edited by MITCH316; 09-26-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    Today i had my E-Revo...

Crashing into something..

Crashing again

Flying

Playing hide and seek

And its still going strong . Amazing to see how strong the E-Revo is, i had some nasty crashes, nose dives, and a lot of cart wheels, but still no major damage except for some worn out drive shafts. Which soon will be replaced by LST axles.

Again, thanks for all the replies!

@SLW-SVT
    Sure! Will keep you updated!

RC Champion
    Nice pics! I'm not going to go easy on mine either
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

Gentlemen,
    It would be very wise to leave all marketing and purchasing of non-Traxxas items out of this thread. They are not allowed and it would be a shame to have this thread deleted for the actions of a few.
    -ksb51rl
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    nice i like what your doing with the lst diff's

just surfed trought the whole build thread and have subscribed for the futur posibility of a e-revo
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Qualifier
    Progress :

The bulks fit quite well, only needs some tiny adjustments. I also test fitted the LST2 axles with my custom stubaxle. And it's a perfect fit . The axles can move freely without binding or falling out of the drive cups. Can't wait to have my final bulkheads and titanium stub axles!

RC Racer
    Very impressive

RC Racer
    TAKE MY MONEY!! That's awesome. When will these be ready. I'm assuming there's going to be "T & E".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ERBE/JATO 3.3

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Gentlemen,
    It would be very wise to leave all marketing and purchasing of non-Traxxas items out of this thread. They are not allowed and it would be a shame to have this thread deleted for the actions of a few.
    -ksb51rl
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleEagle View Post
    TAKE MY MONEY!! That's awesome. When will these be ready. I'm assuming there's going to be "T & E".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    C'mon, lets keep this thread open. Stop with the purchase questions.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteRevo View Post
    C'mon, lets keep this thread open. Stop with the purchase questions.
    Freedom of speech! A human right! We are talking about the topic of this thread, the guys build....
    Traxxas is affraid? Well at first they are admiting that there e-revo plastic have a solution... come one...
    Contact the people who is doing all that labor and then license and tag it and sell it to the poor people who bought the plastic e-revo.

And then they can use 6s or 8s all the time with 10meters jumps all the time doing +150kmh on dirt!

That's what we have today.. wake up!
    No more plastic, well that breaks on the second impact!

Keep the job and publish it everywhere, mate!
    If you got contact's or don't have make them for aftermakert companies grab your idea and send you a few royalties!

You are making history on the e-revo!

RC Qualifier
    The bulkheads themselves are actually still plastic, nylon to be precise. Traxxas uses nylon or glass filled nylon for their plastic, which is a pretty strong material and well suited for this application. The problem with nylon is its brittleness in cold weather, and with the Traxxas bulkheads is that there are some weak spots in the design, some parts in the design are only 1-2mm thick, and with all the huge jumps people are doing, that's not enough. And when it gets cold, it does not take much to break the bulkheads at the weak spots.
    The plastic i'm using is laser sintered nylon, which is only a bit weaker than injection molded nylon, but I tried to reinforce the weak spots of the original bulkhead.

I do appreciate all your comments, but please do take in mind that we are still at Traxxas's forum, not a public forum so please leave out all the comments about the pricing, availability and stuff. At the moment I'm doing this for myself, because I like to draw and design this kind of things, and to make it work. I'd like to show my work here, and to continue to do so, we need the follow some basic rules here . If I am going to sell them, that is not something I want to discuss here on the Traxxas forums

So once more:
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Gentlemen,
    -ksb51rl
    Thought I would show some photos of Rit dying my chassis a while ago:

Everything washed and ready to go

I used 2 packs of Rit Dye powder, and 500ml of vinegar

I brought my water to 80 degrees celcius

I added to packs of Rit Dye (and vinegar)

Checking the color. I used Mitch316 his method. Add the parts to the Rit Dye solution at 80C and let it sit at 80C for 2 hours. After that I let the Rit Dye cool down and had the parts sit in the Dye for 12 more hours.

End results, here the parts are still somewhat brown, but that's because the dye is still fresh and needs to dry a little. A few days later my parts were completely black
    Last edited by WesleyK; 10-05-2013 at 06:16 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Looking good man keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Qualifier
    Thanks!

---

So it finally happened, while I was showing off the E-Revo to some guys that were interested at the beach, my rear diff exploded. Well, the bearings did. Carnage:

Oops

Ah, not bad, had this diff for over 10 months

RC Qualifier
    About time - I was getting sick of you saying "my stock diffs are fine after 10 months" haha

RC Qualifier
    Hehe, exactly what I thought when I heard the rattling from my diff, FINALLY. Lets hope the replacement gears hold up until I'm ready to install the LST diffs.

RC Qualifier
    lol. Mine have lasted well beyond the average life expectancy. I'm on borrowed time.

Wesley - amazing work.

Quote Originally Posted by ErbeSumm View Post
    About time - I was getting sick of you saying "my stock diffs are fine after 10 months" haha
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    Hehe, exactly what I thought when I heard the rattling from my diff, FINALLY. Lets hope the replacement gears hold up until I'm ready to install the LST diffs.

RC Qualifier
    Most of my failures were bearings. I have boca bearings now and will have them in all my rc's soon. Im real easy on my revo. I jump it but I don't accelerate hard or land with tires spinning dont use it on pavement and only use small tires. My slipper is so loose with sand tires it slips a lot. All the money I spent on bearings and diff rings I could of bought a slash

Posted by my Galaxy Note 2 now Free