RC Competitor

Favorite upgrades

I have owned a few nitro rc's, but I'm wondering what everyone's favorite, cheapest, upgrade to a stock revo is.

I'm thinking some sort of waterproofing, because I'm from Canada, but I want to know what everyone else thinks.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    The newer Revo comes "waterproof" Just have to be mind full not to go deeper than the carb and the air filter doesnt get to saturated. With that said, id say the most common upgrade would be RPM A-Arms and Carriers. Also would have to say the exhaust pipe and spur clutch bell combo. All things i did first on my truck based on research and forum advice.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Racer
    i wouldnt trust the waterproof electrics tha traxxas say. its splashproof splash on some marine grease arround the top of the servo tha way u can be sure 90% of water will stay out as for upgrade just change the things that break pointless spending money on things that u not going to use

RC Racer
    Rear wing is a must upgrade to any Revo, regardless of the way U're going to drive it.
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

RC Racer
    I don't think I have a single cheap upgrade.. ..
    If it ain't broke, fix it till it is! BB Revo

RC Racer
    steering mod to get a better radius out of it.. thats the first thing i did. i put led's on it because i use it a lot at night with my friends, so thats a worthwhile "mod" since i can see it and all. i waterproofed my radio too since i planned on throwing it in the snow. besides that, i just repair stuff.

RC Racer
    What's the steering mod?
    If it ain't broke, fix it till it is! BB Revo

RC Qualifier
    Mine was putting 50wt oil in the shocks and green springs in front, tan in the rear. Handles real sweet now.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ausher1880 View Post
    What's the steering mod?
    ausher go to pitpass at top of screen then click on how to's and towards the bottom there are 3 or 4 articles on revo race setups. steering mod is in there among many others.

RC poster
    Alloy rear skid
    Wing
    Wheelie Bar
    RPM Front Bumper and Mount
    P4DE
    2-Honcho's
    OS21TM Revo
    Blade MSR/MSR-X

RC Qualifier
    RPM arms the stock ones are brittle. Aluminum axle carriers when the stock wear out.
    BB MERV/T8 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Racer
    steel flywheel, vented disk brake is a must along with rpm arms, also swaybar kit along with futaba brushless servo

RC Racer
    also i just put on a savox servo with metal gears and im loving the tourque increase!

RC Competitor
    I dont know about cheep but after years working in the hobby industry and racing every weekend I would say a good radio with EPA End point adjustments EXP exponential all the good stuff. I can not tell you how much is upgrade will change the feel of the truck but for me I was huge. I would tune up a stock customers truck and then go and race mine. All i can say get a good radio you will not be sorry.

RC Enthusiast
    I bought traxxas metal driveshafts/half shafts for each wheel. Is there a traxxas center drive shaft for the revo 3.3 nitro made of metal as well?

Trev

RC Qualifier
    there are a couple companys that make steel drive lines for the revo. I went with the THS Drivelines cause im familiar with the name. So far i like them. If you do get THS drive line be mindful their is 3 diff. part #'s for diff lengths for diff set ups.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"