RC Competitor

Help with basher set up for the 1000th time!

Hey guys, i had a ? on wheels for a basher setup, I just got the lcg platinum edition to bash(no track time for this slash) This is my first rc that is not monster truck and am loving the handling!So I dont want to jeopardize the handling but want a bigger yet still narrow tire to roll over more rough terrain or even grass for that matter. Whats the tallest sct tire out there or do i upgrade to 1/8 buggy wheels? i will be dropping a 2400 mmp in it, so disappointed with the velineon on 3s!!! i was thinking maybe a crawler tire, but being this thing will have some power idk that the crawler tires will survive the 2400kv on 3s. I dont want to do 2.8's for the fact that they r so wide, even though i LOVE the look of the trenchers in that size! Will a wide wheel like that hurt the handling? any input would be very helpful guys. Thanks for ur time

RC Champion
    You will need to do some PERSONAL RESEARCH. I was running stock size trencher pre mounts on my slash with stock motor just a dirt basher here. Went MMP SCT on 3S and Then hated the trenchers. the rear end would wash out on a straight run (yeas I know lots of variables but trying to keep it simple) long story short same bashing spot installed a set of stock TRAXXAS Kumho Road Venture MT I had on the shelf and it was the best fun and control I've had since I installed the Castle set up. Someone might be able to suggest something close but being soo many terrain variables it comes to trial and error. I am happy with these BUT still not done there are a couple more tire styles i am going to try with hopefully great results best of luck.

RC Champion
    I guess my question is why LCG if you are going to jack it back up with big tires?
    Wide wont hurt the handling but tall tires will put the LCG right back to non LCG and have a huge inpact on handling.

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys for the feed back! The reason for the lcg is, i Had no input on it! my wife bought it for me while i was away on a work trip. Came home and there she was!! so i couldn't complain about it and i do love the truck so far, except for the fact that it thermals all the time on 3s( and its winter time, i could only imagine summer bashes!) But she knew i wanted a slash and i was getting ready to trade my baby for it(the emaxx) so she just snatched up a slash. I would think the lcg chassis would still handle better then the other chassis, right? I mean am not set on the bigger wheel, am still undecided on what i wanna do. I just know i really dont like the stockers that or on it now! and it would be nice to be able to roll a little better in grass. If any of that made sense lol! sorry tired and just rambling on

RC Competitor
    wow am really like the look of those Kumho Road Venture MT pro mod steve! what do u think the flat irons would do on a slash? They are no all that much taller then sct wheels

RC Champion
    Don't know anything about flat iron . my next personal test will be stock size pro line gladiators.

RC Racer
    I run the trenchers on 2S and love them. Trust me, grass will not slow you down. Just go easy on start in wet grass, let them grab. 3S may be different, but at least you'll have some meat to where down. And enjoy the lcg for awhile. I'd be really surprised if you didn't stick with it once you get a feel for the handling.

RC Competitor
    Mine isnt LCG and I have 2.8 trenchers on it. I love the way it goes through grass and over things. It stays upright alot better than I expected it would also.
    Don't try this at home!

Quote Originally Posted by illest1989 View Post
    Hey guys, i had a ? on wheels for a basher setup, I just got the lcg platinum edition to bash(no track time for this slash) This is my first rc that is not monster truck and am loving the handling!So I dont want to jeopardize the handling but want a bigger yet still narrow tire to roll over more rough terrain or even grass for that matter. Whats the tallest sct tire out there or do i upgrade to 1/8 buggy wheels? i will be dropping a 2400 mmp in it, so disappointed with the velineon on 3s!!! i was thinking maybe a crawler tire, but being this thing will have some power idk that the crawler tires will survive the 2400kv on 3s. I dont want to do 2.8's for the fact that they r so wide, even though i LOVE the look of the trenchers in that size! Will a wide wheel like that hurt the handling? any input would be very helpful guys. Thanks for ur time
    Buy an axis chassis brace

How about proline badlands
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    Badlands, either sc or 2.8, work great. They're narrow, .1" taller than trenchers, an have a more aggressive bite/tread pattern. Trenchers and badlands are the best basher tires I've used, but it sounds like badlands would be best for you.

RC poster
    Get aka racing wheele adaptors and 1/8 buggy wheels
    That's what I did here's a link to mine. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e-2PUSfL71I

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by illest1989 View Post
    wow am really like the look of those Kumho Road Venture MT pro mod steve! what do u think the flat irons would do on a slash? They are no all that much taller then sct wheels
    I used to have 2.2 Flat Irons stretched over 2.8 wheels for my 2wd Slash and Rustler. I loved them! I might have some pictures if you like.
    / 16

RC Champion
    I really enjoy running buggy tires. I have my slash jacked up high for rough terrain. Gotta love a wife who buys rc stuff for ya!!! Thats a plus in this hobby.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!