things that break

new to jato nitro

what have u broken most often

what spare parts shld i carry

RC Qualifier
    My jato was pretty tough. Only thing I broke was rear shock towers
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Enthusiast
    Broke Front and Rear arms. Replaced them with RPMs and a RPM bumper while I was doing it.
    Broke the body of 1 of the rear shocks.
    Broke pieces off the diff. cover, and because i landed on the back wheelie bar and battery holder 100 times from jumps. Replaced that.
    That's about it so far. And btw im pretty reckless and careless when it comes to bashing, just makes it more fun but the jato is pretty tough because honestly i should've broken allot more in my opinion.

RC poster
    I have broken front and rear arms, shock towers, my pipe, my steering bell cranks, dogbones battery box, wheelie bar and blew a motor. On top of all of that I have shredded about 6 sets of tires.

RC Competitor
    Broken front A arms and shredded left rear tire. I use the middle mount battery compartment and front end still comes up! Sucker is fast and wrecks even in the open at 60+ are a pain. Depends how you crash I guess. LOL. "A" arms seem to break the easiest though.

RC Competitor
    thanx guys i grab me a set of spare a arms both front and rear & shocks

probally grab another set of tires any rec or just go back with stock wheels and tires ??

RC Qualifier
    Get two sets if you can afford them. One set for street and one set for off road unless you have two Jato's. I use Proline Badlands (awesome), Anaconda's (nice) and a set of Proline Street Fighters that I haven't used yet. But they are bigger than Anaconda's so a gear change will probably be in order.
    --
    Nitro-J-Rod

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by edatmidas View Post
    thanx guys i grab me a set of spare a arms both front and rear & shocks

probally grab another set of tires any rec or just go back with stock wheels and tires ??
    For road or offroad?

RC Enthusiast
    Got my Jato January 9th. Broke the chassis top plate lost the receiver box cover and bent the frame on my first tank of fuel after brake-in.
    Next I spent enough time on the roof (second gear wheelies with mid-mounted battery) that I needed new antenna tube, caps and why not
    a new body while we're at it.(the rear wing on the original was looking like a nub) Oh yeah, and a few head protectors. Next, rear tie bars
    and pin mounts diff. cover and a couple turnbuckles. Most recently, broke three a-arms in one cartwheel. Tires? 3rd set of rears.
    I'm curious to here about a better tire. I don't think you can beat the Anaconda though, if you go with a harder compound they won't
    stick as well, and the Jato needs all the stick it can get.
    I've had a busy first month.
    Just ordered a T-maxx for my girlfriends son and a monster truck of another brand for myself.
    Having a blast!!!

RC Competitor
    for off road

RC Enthusiast
    I've tried traxxas talons and proline badlands and badlands wins by far.

RC poster
    Ive had a jato for about 2 weeks now its my first rc car broke the front bumper and the back piece of the differential the first day of using it now i made everything aluminum so basically nothing can really break... unless you crash it going very fast
    living in moms house

RC Competitor
    I would just do rpm a arms all the way around and front bumper. I would also recommend having extra shock towers for the rear.