Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

How do you secure your go-pro for bumpy rides?

I need an idea or two because I tried on the hood and its way too crazy

I also have an outerwears chassis cover so I don't have much room to bolt it directly on very well..

help and or pics please, I want to get some decent video
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Competitor
    This was back when I had a Contour Roam but it works great for my new GoPro Hero 3 now...

Traxxas Summit GoPro Mount
    You can drive my car, but there's a $500 deposit.

RC Qualifier
    lol nice video, and that's a cool mount but I'm looking for something a little more compact/reliable incase of rolls or crashes

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TQi View Post
    lol nice video, and that's a cool mount but I'm looking for something a little more compact/reliable incase of rolls or crashes
    four my hero3 i use a sticky mount on the hood of the body the top of the body protecs it from roll overs

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You could try building something that goes between the shock towers. Ive been contemplating something as well... not sure what the plan is just yet. I know it needs to be solid mounted to the chassis to avoid excessive shaking. Im thinking of using one of my older summit bodies as the filming body and cutting out the windshield, then coming up with some sort of removable mount that places the camera so it looks out the front. On the other hand, getting the tires in the shots is generally more interesting. Im thiking something that goes between the shock towers, maybe even over the body posts before you put the body on, might work.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    I used the display mount it came with and took the plate place it under lights on the roof and then put a bolt through the back. You could put more bolts or screws in it. It worked pretty good for me.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Ha^^ I was just trying that out tonight. Looks like it will work pretty well. Very solid.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Good idea, I figured I would need that thing, don't know why I threw it out

I might have to have the camera poking up out of the hood even though it might look a little goofy, probably my best bet

RC Competitor
    Yeah the 3m mounts are expensive and wouldn't give enough support as the body will flex.

RC Qualifier
    I really wish I kept that display plate it came with

I can't come up with anything and I ruined my only quick release clip by trying to drill screws into it , looks like I'll have to order some things for it before I do any more on board videos

RC Qualifier
    found these two mounts, one of them should work.. not exactly what I wanted but they will do

RC Qualifier
    Yeah that's how I had it but the cold up here in Canada just freezes that sticky tape up and it falls off.. even tried screwing it onto the hood but I didn't do it properly and ruined my quick release tab.

I think I'll use a rod attached to the chassis and do a "chase cam".. Not what I originally wanted but I'll just have to drive a little differently

RC Competitor
    That happend too me to so I hot glued it