Thread: Tekno big bone

RC Qualifier

Tekno big bone

Hey guys who is running them? I got a small rant. I really dont like how u can't slide the rear motor bearing over it. Also its hard to get a 54 tooth spur in and out since it made it so long. I'm thinking of going back to the stock shaft, also i see another company makes one like the stock.

RC Champion
    You can fix the grub screw from sticking out by grinding a bit of the bottom end of the screw off. I did this and mine slide's right through now. As with the spur, just move to a 52 spur and appropriate pinion.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    wait so the bigbone doesn't work with the 54T Spur? and do you have the STRC chassis or is this a stock chassis issue? I'm concerned because I plan to purchase this soon!
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Champion
    it will work fine with the 54 spur. it just make's it a pain to take out the slipper assembly due to the size of the spur.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Yeah i have stock chassis its just a pain to take it out of there to check my slipper or change my spur

RC Champion
    Works fine, lasts a long time. The small loss in ease of removal due to the cup instead of the spline is well worth it. Nice and long is better too as you dont have all the front to back slop like the stocker.

When I go to pull mine I find it easier to pull the frontend first, remove the shaft then remove the cup on the rear. Takes like an extra 2 minutes if I have a coffee break mixed in with it. Thing is now that I have all that beefed up I only pull it for cleaning and lube so I was going to pull the front anyhow which really only leaves the extra step of removing the cup. Even with the stocker its easier to get the slipper and shaft out if you pull the frontend first.