RC Qualifier

Guys with the 2400kv

Is this normal, say im playing with the car and i set remote down or talk to someone and just let car sit there it takes off little at a time. it will go 3 feet and sit there for a minute then go another 3 feet or so.

Also sometimes itvis a challenge to get it in reverse. I know at first its a brake even wait and its reverse but I'm saying i can be tapping itv and holding it down and all before it finally kicks in sometimes.

RC Champion
    That's most likely a transmitter or ESC problem. I doubt the motor has anything to do with that.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah well im just saying it happens with this set up.and wondering if anyone else with the same setup is having this problem.

RC Racer
    mine will beep but not move. PErhaps your throttle is set to high? just a shot in the dark?
    Slash 4x4 MM2 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon32689 View Post
    Yeah well im just saying it happens with this set up.and wondering if anyone else with the same setup is having this problem.
    I had that same problem on a Pede 4x4, it was the radio. If I tapped on the side of the radio when it was moving it would stop for a minute or two then start up again. I switched over the radio and receiver to a Futaba, no problem since...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon32689 View Post
    I've seen that issue many times, but it's always from either interference or the throttle position setting on the transmitter. The motor's not going to do anything unless the ESC gives it power, and the ESC won't do that unless it thinks the transmitter is telling it to.

What transmitter and ESC are you using?

RC Champion
    Sounds to me like a calibration issue/throttle expo. You are right on the hairy edge sound like to me. Should be easy enough, just turn your throttle expo back a little. That explains the forward movement and also the issue getting into reverse. If it still thinks its in forward instead of neutral its going to prevent reverse. If you have it set up right the ESC is going to be looking for neutral for like 2 seconds before it allows reverse throttle to keep you from doing a full reverse at high speeds and leaving the drivetrain scattered everywhere.

RC Qualifier
    I am using the tq1 reciever and all that cane with the slash when i bought it new.

So how do i go into these settings guys?

RC Racer
    in your manual it should tell you how to set up the mutifunction switch. or you could just dial back your mutiswitch and see if that stops it from happeneing.
    Slash 4x4 MM2 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    I still dint understand what you guys aware saying I'm sorry, are you talking about the little dial on the remote next to the steering trim?

RC Racer
    yes sir. And there are some red buttons ontop of the radio. Those control the tree settings that are in the transmitter. IF u have the manual it will explain it to you. I honestly could not begin to tell you how to set it up off the top of my head but im sure someone on this board probably could.
    Slash 4x4 MM2 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pa4ul View Post
    yes sir. And there are some red buttons ontop of the radio. Those control the tree settings that are in the transmitter. IF u have the manual it will explain it to you. I honestly could not begin to tell you how to set it up off the top of my head but im sure someone on this board probably could.
    Okay i have the manual still, why can't this just be simple lol..so what settings do i need to adjust though?

RC Qualifier
    Got it figured out and i tried what you guys talking about and boom its fixed thanks guys,
    Last edited by brandon32689; 02-12-2013 at 09:21 PM.