RC Racer

Tqi docking base with I phone 5 and my apple devices

A Cheap $2 adapter

RC Champion
    Where did you find that?
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pcs-8Pin-t...item3a7e03fe97 , made for the people who didn't want to convert their chargers when they got the new phone etc...

RC Champion
    Good to know; I'm due for an upgrade to iPhone 5.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC poster
    Can anyone confirm this working? Loved the TQi with my old iphone 4s but when I upgraded to the Iphone5 i forgot about this. I bought this adapter and it dont work for me. HELLLLLLLP. LOL

I bought it. and tried
    Quote Originally Posted by noobrc View Post
    A Cheap $2 adapter

RC Competitor
    The cheap china ones just charge and don't transfer data you will need to get the apple brand one it's $30 and its worth it i use a iPhone 5 with nine and the apple 30 pin to lightning adapter and it works just as it should just wish Traxxas would update the software so it full the entire screen on my iPhone 5. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I found the apple adapter to only work intermittently on my tqi, so I returned it for a full refund and bought a used ipod touch in great shape for $45. Thats the way I would go.
    Land of the free?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorStuff View Post
    I found the apple adapter to only work intermittently on my tqi, so I returned it for a full refund and bought a used ipod touch in great shape for $45. Thats the way I would go.
    Was it a genuine Apple adapter?
    I have an iPhone 5 with a Lifeproof case so I had to get the adapter with 8" cable and it doesn't mount to the TQi as I would like.
    The adapter was almost $50 from the Apple store. I haven't had any issues yet, but looking back now, for the same price I could get a used iTouch and not have to worry about getting calls/texts while driving, mounting and unmounting to the tx, and the fact that with the adapter and my phone case the iPhone 5 doesn't mount to the TQi very well.
    I might just return the adapter and get a used iTouch for dedicated use with the TQi. I have the original iPhone 1, but from what I understand, it will not work?

Device Requirements
    Traxxas Link is designed for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPod touch 3rd and 4th generations. For full functionality, Traxxas Link requires a Traxxas TQi transmitter with Docking Base and a TQi receiver installed in the model. Telemetry functions require Traxxas telemetry sensors to be installed on your model.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC poster
    Yea, that's what I thought.