RC Enthusiast

Stampede or Summit 1/16

What is better to get a summit 1/16 (brushed) or stampede xl5?

It will be used on grass and dirt and on the road.

RC Racer
    I'm partial to the stampede. It's easy to work on and 2wd so less stuff to fix so if you are a noob stampede

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd go Stampede. I have a Slash, and I've used it for over a year, and I've only broken 2 parts. 2 of my friends got 1/16 Summits and they've broken over 20+ parts between the both of them. The Summit may be 4x4, but it's more fragile. Just my 0.2 cents!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I am torn...
    The scale of the Pede makes it easier to find terrain that suits it
    The 4x4 of the Summit makes it easier to drive.

How about a 4x4 Pede?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

How about a 4x4 Pede?
    +1 It's hard to beat the 4x4 Pede!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    It is probably what I am going to get my kids when they are ready for their own real RC.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    I would like to get a 4x4 pede but its not in my price range... So the 2wd stampede is more durable

RC Enthusiast
    Its for my brother and he's new to rc, are there any other monster trucks in this pirce range

RC Racer
    Have you looked at the lineup from arrma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    with that I would get the pede easy to work on the new ones are drop in brushless ready when he is ready to upgrade it, they are durable right out the box and part support with traxxas is second to none not to mention the mounds of hop ups for it...no brainer
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Enthusiast
    Ok i think i will get the stampede xl5

RC Qualifier
    the arrma vehicles look good seen good reviews on the granite even comments it handles a bit better then a pede but at the end of the day there isn't much hop ups for them like the pede and I would bet customer support isn't near as good...just my 2 cents
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Enthusiast
    Now looking at some reviews of the monster jam trucks apparently some perform better than the pede? Should i go for one of those?

RC Qualifier
    Pede hands down. I own both and i have to say the pede xl5 is almost bulletproof. Not quite fast enough to break parts crashing at full throttle. Most parts are interchangable between rustler, bandit, slash and pede so most hobby shops stock the odd part. that you might break, and usualy carry upgraded parts as aftermarket options are plentiful. They are brushless ready and traxxas makes the upgrade easy with the power up program when he is ready. And if he decides he would have rather had any one of the mosels listed above it can be converted for about $60 give r take. And they come with a battery that is at least acceptable unlike the mini summit which is reeeally boring without a lipo which adds an extra cost for a charger
    Summits are alot of fun if you like to do as much tinkering as you do running the truck. They (in my opinion) can not handle brushless power without failing if money is not put into them in key areas such as axles, rockers, servo, diff shimming(cheap but a pain!) and on and on. Im converting mine back to brushed to gain some durability back. So there you have an experienced opinion nothing more!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-02-2013 at 08:38 AM.