Thread: xl5

RC Racer

xl5

hay i found a deal on an xl5 esc and titan motor. i was wondering if this will fit in a 1 16 summit with out any mods to the tuck/body.or has anyone even done this.

RC Racer
    It fits perfect in a 1/16th digger which is pretty close to the same I think.

RC Racer
    thanks for the info

RC Qualifier
    Im Curious What does the Xl-5, Do does it give it more power or something i have the exact grave digger too i just wanna know???

RC Racer
    for me its just a more common cheaper replacement part than the xl2.5

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-nightmare View Post
    Im Curious What does the Xl-5, Do does it give it more power or something i have the exact grave digger too i just wanna know???
    I had the servo short out on me and cook the xl2.5 at the same time, I was told by a few that the xl5 can stand up to the servo shorting out and won't die so if it happened again I would only need a servo not ecs as well.

RC Qualifier
    Oh Okay thanks that Really help i will just go brushless indstead of buying a xl-5 but for now brushed 2.5 will do just fine for me also did your digger come with the LVD xl-2.5 or the normal 2.5 cause mine came with the 2.5 LVD and i use a 2s 5000 65c gen ace it works awsome and i love the run time also does your run time go down or no with that esc!! thanxs

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-nightmare View Post
    Oh Okay thanks that Really help i will just go brushless indstead of buying a xl-5 but for now brushed 2.5 will do just fine for me also did your digger come with the LVD xl-2.5 or the normal 2.5 cause mine came with the 2.5 LVD and i use a 2s 5000 65c gen ace it works awsome and i love the run time also does your run time go down or no with that esc!! thanxs
    Mine was with LVD, the run time is the same with the xl5, it's all ripped out now, going vxl but waiting for a motor plate to come in the mail.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I built a small plate for my XL5 so I could slide it in and out just like the stock ESC when I wanted to remove the motor. This is in my daughters truck but im going to install the same system in my mini when it shows up.
    In the Summit:

You guys just taught me something. I had no idea the XL 2.5 had LVD built in now. Ill have to go home and check the 3 I have laying around to see if they have it or not.

I feel the XL5 is an upgrade from the XL 2.5 simply because it can handle more power without getting hot. When traxxas ran the Titan 380 motor in all their 1/16's the XL 2.5 was fine. But when you move up to the Titan 12t I feel the 2.5 is simply not enough to really give reliable power. I also put in the XL5 at first because of its LVD option. That was my main reason back when I put one in my 1/16 rally. But if the 2.5 has LVD, thats not the main reason.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Nice Job Pavement on the Esc i never thought about doing it like that so when i go brushless and can do the same thing and not tape it or glue it some where i dont really want it too Go! but yea it now has LVD!

RC Qualifier
    Its funny how we all use the its my daughters, sons, grampas, wifes trick! My wife is accumulating more and more rcs all the time! Lol my sons just turned 1 1/2 so im thinking he needs a brushless e revo pretty quick, or maybe a summit? Hmmm.....