RC Racer

are integy driveshafts good?

I have had a blast with this truck, mods so far are integy motor fan with heat sink, velion esc fan, rpm front a arms and a 6400 3s lipo. Freaky fast but I seem to break something everytime I take it out. First was the a arms and replaced with the rpm a arms, which I hear are great. Today I broke a rear drive shift, I know MIPS are supposed to be basically bullet proof but integy drives look good and way cheaper. Are the integy drive shafts worth it or or should I spend the bigs on mip?

thanks John

Hi dude i would go mips all the way because i love mine and i have bashed the poo poo out of mine for almost 2 years now on 3s and not one thing has gone wrong. If not go tekno but stay away from Integy driveshafts they are poo hope that helps..peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Hi dude i would go mips all the way because i love mine and i have bashed the poo poo out of mine for almost 2 years now on 3s and not one thing has gone wrong. If not go tekno but stay away from Integy driveshafts they are poo hope that helps..peace
    +1 to that. He's right, get MIPs, they're supposed to be the best.

Stay away from everything with 'Integy' written on it. The WORST products on the market right now!

RC Qualifier
    Tekno are another option. I have them on the rear and so far so good.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    MIP's or tekno are the best option, there are other cheaper options, but not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Master View Post
    +1 to that. He's right, get MIPs, they're supposed to be the best.

Stay away from everything with 'Integy' written on it. The WORST products on the market right now!
    Yes, stay away from just about anything Integy, the packaging is worth more than the parts inside. Integy does sale good entry level crawler motors, but that is because Integy doesn't actually make them.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    mip + some sort of grease to prevent rust. IE bike chain grease
    I play til something breaks

RC Racer
    awesome thanks guys. looks like I will have to find another motor fan/heatsink then cause I have a integy one.

Quote Originally Posted by mattstang2007 View Post
    awesome thanks guys. looks like I will have to find another motor fan/heatsink then cause I have a integy one.
    You should be fine. Integy's fan/heatsink combos are ok.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxxray757 View Post
    mip + some sort of grease to prevent rust. IE bike chain grease
    Yeah, grease is very important or you can try Sullivan Products Dry Ice. Never tried one but heard great reviews. Forms a nice non sticky lubricating film over the parts, which means less dust and less grinding as a result and long live your MIPs!

I wonder who really used the Integy drive shafts here. Integy has a bad name and I actually saw bad products from them myself, but on the other hand I have also seen good products which I actually use without any problem. Yelling that everything sucks from Integy is easy.
    I had GPM driveshafts for my Pede which were very poor quality, but that doesnt mean all GPM products are bad.

I use FLM on the front and MIP on the rear. Had some issues getting the (great quality) FLMs in and and have to say their customer service was literally zero in my case. The opposite goes for MIP. Great customer service.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I was going to say someting along those lines, I wonder who has actually used or uses integy driveshafts
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Qualifier
    I've got MIP's on the rear and they're holding up real well. I may try the Integy on the front because they are a lot lighter looking and cheaper too. I don't think the front has to be as bullet proof as the back for this reason. On full throttle while the rears are spinning, if the front is even on the ground, it's not going to see near the same load because there's less weight on the front to start with, and with the weight transfer, thefronts are going to spin easier and transmit less torque on the axles.
    While I've twisted or broken front axle parts (the stock ones), it's nothing compared to what I was getting on the rear axle until I upgraded those to MIP's.

RC Enthusiast
    Were you guys talking about this or this drive shaft?. Cause the second one looks ok. Any idea?. Tks.

RC Qualifier
    The problem with integy is the quality and durability of their materials, not the design.

Sent from my phone

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    Were you guys talking about this or this drive shaft?. Cause the second one looks ok. Any idea?. Tks.
    Stay away from both buddy. As Slaughter33 just mentioned, the design doesn't matter till the time it is from Integy AKA Crap

This brand is known for making some of the worst RC parts. Most of the newcomers would come into the hobby and load their truck with Integy parts thinking that it is stronger, durable, functional and has bling bling. Well, Integy does everything on the contrary adding nothing but dead weight. So, you'd be better off without them. I know it because even I was once new to this hobby.

Cheers!

RC Qualifier
    I see everyone sayin they are crap... Who actually had them before they judge Integy???? It's easy to judge without having them. I'd like to see actual proof.

RC poster
    get the mip heavy duty ones they might be expensive but they are really good but if you get Aluminum Stub Axle Carriers. You have to shave part of the metal off so the mips will fit because they will rub