RC Competitor

Front driveshaft options??

A while back I switched to 3s and immediatly snapped multiple rear stock drivesharfts. Eventually I switched to MIP's in the rear but not the front because I hadn't had any trouble with those. Recently ive been snapping more and more of the front driveshaft parts. usually its the stub axle but ive had all parts fail and it is getting quite annoying. I just dont want to spend the money on MIP's for the front. Is there any option I have that is alittle cheaper? Maybe a Modification or maybe a whole new part. Any help is appreciated. thanks!

Not sure what the FLMs cost if you buy them there. I have those. I had to make room in my axle carriers to fit the grub screw in, but after that I never had any issue with them. Very strong material.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Competitor
    I have found the mip c-cvd's and they are alot cheaper than the xduty cvd's. do they work for the front? I dont see why they wouldnt based on pictures.

RC Qualifier
    Tekno fronts are $40. Can't get any better than that.
    Last edited by Slaughter33; 02-10-2013 at 05:15 PM.

RC Champion
    I run teknos on all 4s.
    But honestly if it were me and you already have MIPs in the rear Id go the few extra $$ and put them in the front too. Biggest reason is most of the parts are common and when you snap a MIP stub (which can, has and does happen) you dont have to carry different spares. In other issue is the MIPs in the front tend to rub on the steering knuckles, You might want to let someone who runs them chime in about how to remedy that.
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 02-10-2013 at 05:30 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Traden13 View Post
    A while back I switched to 3s and immediatly snapped multiple rear stock drivesharfts. Eventually I switched to MIP's in the rear but not the front because I hadn't had any trouble with those. Recently ive been snapping more and more of the front driveshaft parts. usually its the stub axle but ive had all parts fail and it is getting quite annoying. I just dont want to spend the money on MIP's for the front. Is there any option I have that is alittle cheaper? Maybe a Modification or maybe a whole new part. Any help is appreciated. thanks!
    I had the same experiences you did. Put MIP's on the back and forgot them. They're bulletproof except for an occasional shear pin.
    To "save money" on the front, I tried Integy XHD steel cvd's. Worked for a few months, then blew one joint apart and unlike MIP's they're not repairable (riveted and they don't sell parts for them).
    I then put MIP's on the front too, and no more worries. I use it 1-2 times every day, hard bashing off road with a Doberman in hot pursuit who occasionally catches it and swings it around by a wheel. I think that's what broke the Itegy cvd. MIPs can take it. They've surviced crashes into telephone poles at 30+ mph that broke a bunch of other stuff. I'm sold on 'em now. No regrets.

RC Competitor
    If i do go out and get the front mip's would i have to do anything to make them work with my alluminum steering block and bearing carrier in the front?

RC Competitor
    sorry steering block and c-hub.

RC poster
    sorry steering block and c-hub.
    Integy makes some super cheap heavy duty front drive shafts you may want to give a try...$26 SHIPPED!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Integy-XHD-S...item4d0998beb2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by syrics2013 View Post
    Integy makes some super cheap heavy duty front drive shafts you may want to give a try...$26 SHIPPED!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Integy-XHD-S...item4d0998beb2
    There is a reason why those are cheap

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    There is a reason why those are cheap
    Cheap but presumably far better than stock plastic?

If you got mips on the back just get the fronts and you will not have to worry and they will pay for them self in a few months.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    Tekno fronts are $40. Can't get any better than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    If you got mips on the back just get the fronts and you will not have to worry and they will pay for them self in a few months.....peace
    Although I have not yet experienced the durability of MIPs, I can comment on price. Shopping aroung the internet, I was able to purchase mine for nearly the same price as Teknos. Granted, my MIPs are the extended version to compliment the P-L ProTrac suspension.
    Someone stole my signature.

I have bashed the crap out of my mips for two years and not had one problem what so ever love mips......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys im leaning towards the mips for the front I just want to make sure they wont bind too much with the alluminum c hub and steering block. Does anyone know about this?

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys im leaning towards the mips for the front I just want to make sure they wont bind too much with the alluminum c hub and steering block. Does anyone know about this?
    I have aluminum C hubs and steering blocks. I did have to do a little minor dremel grinding to clear the housing that fits into the steering blocks. No big deal. Go ahead and put on the MIPs. Best mod I've ever made for improving uptime and eliminating breakage.