Thread: Balloon Tires

RC Racer

Balloon Tires

Since I upgraded my '04 Stampede to the Vxl-3s system everytime I smack down on the trigger my tires keep ballooning. I really can't get a chance to see if I can get it all the way because they will balloon so I have to left off. Is it a better tire or solution? This old Pede be moving. lol
    Pull the trigger & ride. You gone crash or Bash!!!

RC Competitor
    Unglue your tires and strap the inside of the tires with duct tape. YouTube (rc tire strap)

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Best thing would be to unglue your tires from your wheels and wrap the inside with carpet tape. Baking the tires off seems to be the best way, but stinks the house up. This solution works great. I've also seen people use fishing line to. This can wear out after a while and get snagged while bashing. On road guys don't have to worry about anything catching them so much as bashers.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Thanks, I'll see what I can do. Appreciate the help y'all.

RC Racer
    Instead of baking the wheels try boiling them, I have done it a few times, less stinking up the house,
    I use a pan big enough to put all 4 in, put in 2 inches of water, boil for 5 minutes, flip repeat. I do both sides twice then peel the tires . You will have to add water as you go.
    In my experience carpet tape is a little heavy (un sprung weight is bad, and adds centrifugal weight to the tire causing a negative effect) I use plain silver duct tape and it works well.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin01020 View Post
    Instead of baking the wheels try boiling them, I have done it a few times, less stinking up the house,
    I use a pan big enough to put all 4 in, put in 2 inches of water, boil for 5 minutes, flip repeat. I do both sides twice then peel the tires . You will have to add water as you go.
    In my experience carpet tape is a little heavy (un sprung weight is bad, and adds centrifugal weight to the tire causing a negative effect) I use plain silver duct tape and it works well.
    OK, I'll see what I can do

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    You can boil them too. Just be sure when you go to pull the bead if it doesnt come off easily put them back in until they do. Other options are to use acetone. I've done this by pouring it in a bucket or pan and sitting them right above the solution and covered. You check them every so often till they come loose.

I'm not much of a fan of yanking tires off wheels by the time i'm ready to change them the wheels have been so dingged and worn its time for an update. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    You can boil them too. Just be sure when you go to pull the bead if it doesnt come off easily put them back in until they do. Other options are to use acetone. I've done this by pouring it in a bucket or pan and sitting them right above the solution and covered. You check them every so often till they come loose.

I'm not much of a fan of yanking tires off wheels by the time i'm ready to change them the wheels have been so dingged and worn its time for an update. LOL
    Ok I understand, thanks