Thread: NiMH batteries?

RC Enthusiast

NiMH batteries?

All,

Where can I buy 9 cell, 5000 mah, rechargeable battery packs for my slash? I don't want lipo just trying I find a good place to buy these batteries.

Thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    Or a 9 cell NiMH that is better? Where to buy?

RC Competitor
    The most cells I've heard of in an nimh pack is eight. Such as this here: http://www.duratrax.com/batteries/dtxc2152.html
    (This one: DTXC2183 9.6V 5000mAh NiMH Hump Pack with Traxxas Connector)
    I have one myself and speaking from experience you should go lipo. Nothing wrong with the pack mine still works but I don't use it anymore due to the higher weight and lower power compared to lipo. If a nine cell nimh pack exists it would be so heavy that the extra power would be cancelled out by increased weight.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i understand you dont want lipo now but going with 9 cell make it even more heavier of a truck and still not getting enough run time as the lipo can do. a 2s lipo with a much higher mah (6500) can run you way longer than nimh and you with lipo you get the same amount of volts draw at every demand until LVD kicks in. i was like you at one time, dont wanna buy a lipo until one day a buddy of mine let me borrow his 3s and i was hooked after that lol.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Enthusiast
    I just got done running in the snow. Can I do that with lipo? I also have a lot of rocks on my driveway, are lipid durable enough to handle harsh driving?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    look it up on youtube on how ppl run their lipo on wet conditions.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Competitor
    In my experience (about two years) with lipos they can stand up to the same things that nimh can. Only one has given out on me after about a year and a half of heavy use and finally ending up at the bottom of a pool. Still worked for a day then gave out rather suddenly. It really was tragic, she was a great battery. Anyway I am about to bring my truck out in the snow with a lipo. The only precaution i'm taking is staying out of the salty stuff near the road.

RC Champion
    I run mine in rain all the time. There are some great tutorials and how to's on youtube. My only mistake was not going lipo sooner!!!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Racer
    Cheap battery packs .com is where I got mine you can pick the layout of the pack and what cells you want to use and how many cells you want to use or you can pick from ones already made my next one will be a 12 cell mine is made from elite 5000mah cells and I went with a hump so it will fit in the stampede the runtime is crazy and the punch is awesome great for bashing but I would not try to race with it because of the weight it's almost twice the weight of the stock 7 cell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by E-slamnit View Post
    Man this thing is dirt cheap but I like mine better because of the copper bars really helps the juice flow and the bars are a extra buck per cell not bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk