RC Qualifier

Wink Even the police have the sense of humor!

Does someone has already received a ticket for speeding with his slash 4x4? I thought I would receive one this morning. I was doing speedruns in a school zone (limit of 30km / h), and I've reached 55km / h ... A policeman on patrol have picked up speed and came to see me ... He was surprised by the speed reached and told me that I was driving 25km / h over the limit and the amount of the ticket would be + / - $ 1200 ... I was rather surprised ... So he told me that this is a joke ... But he said he'll probably go buy one! In conclusion, Be cautious and watch out for the police!
    Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.

RC Champion
    Funny! Glad the cops are cool around your way. They don't hassle me for bashing and flying at my local state park, even though RCs are expressly forbidden. They think they're cool and as long as I don't pester anyone or pose a danger, they leave me alone.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    We use to do some late night parking lot racing at our local Best Buy and we would have several cops come watch and ask questions, they told us we were fine unless someone complains or they find trash in the lot...which no one complained cause everything was closed. Pretty cool
    * "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog88 View Post
    We use to do some late night parking lot racing at our local Best Buy and we would have several cops come watch and ask questions, they told us we were fine unless someone complains or they find trash in the lot...which no one complained cause everything was closed. Pretty cool
    That's good PR for the hobby!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i saw on youtube where a off duty police officer playing with his XO-1 lol.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC Qualifier
    That is funny bro

RC Qualifier
    Let's just say that this morning, for a few seconds, it wasn't! lol!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    when i was 20 i was playing with my nitro RS4 and police officer came up to me saying, should'nt you be in school. i look at him with a smile and i guess he did'nt like that. so he told me not to play it on the street.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    My bro in a law and I were bashing our slashes on the street at my father in laws and a cop was blocking the street while a line was down. He watched and chatted with us for about an hour. He couldnt believe the speed and the things they could do without breaking. He wasnt young either. LOL

Another time in front of my house another city boy stopped and watched in awe. He said drive it in front of his cruiser and he was going to radar it. He pointed and laughed. He was like man those things are fast and incredible. I said and I have it toned down to. He was like no way.

Fun times that's for sure. I can only imagine the crowd we would draw if we bashed in a parking lot. Small city like us doesnt see a whole lot of action.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Here, there are 71,000 people in Drummondville, and I think they have not seen a lot of remote control cars rolling on the streets!

RC Champion
    To my knowledge a moving violation doesnt apply to RC cars. Worst they could do if they were being sele indulgent weiners would be to cite you for public endangerment that wouldnt fly unless you were running it though a bunch of kids or something.

I havent been raided by the cops but whenever Im out front in the street and anyone is out and about I always get an audience. They just dont see RC cars gettin jiggy. Most are under the impression of the cheap walmart variety that might break 10mph down hill with a tailwind.

Quote Originally Posted by boilo56 View Post
    Here, there are 71,000 people in Drummondville, and I think they have not seen a lot of remote control cars rolling on the streets!
    Really!!
    In my town there's 60 people
    From what I know
    There's 10 people who have rc's
    7 of which are traxxas
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    Really!!
    In my town there's 60 people
    From what I know
    There's 10 people who have rc's
    7 of which are traxxas
    I envy you, a small village and plenty of space for fun! I miss my hometown!

Quote Originally Posted by boilo56 View Post
    I envy you, a small village and plenty of space for fun! I miss my hometown!
    Yep
    It's great
    And drive 30 minutes in any dirrection a there's a LHS
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

I remember the police pulling over when I was doing speed runs. They asked me how fast my car was. Since the speed limit was 50km/h, I said "50 km/h, sir.... more than twice". He didn't believe me until I gave a little demonstration. They also made a joke by telling they would get their radar gun the next time and give me a ticket.
    I replied "I would say the radar gun was broken. Since no police officer would believe such a small car can go that fast."
    It's better that they are interested in the speed of your R/C car than in your 1:1 car. Lol
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    I remember the police pulling over when I was doing speed runs. They asked me how fast my car was. Since the speed limit was 50km/h, I said "50 km/h, sir.... more than twice". He didn't believe me until I gave a little demonstration. They also made a joke by telling they would get their radar gun the next time and give me a ticket.
    I replied "I would say the radar gun was broken. Since no police officer would believe such a small car can go that fast."
    It's better that they are interested in the speed of your R/C car than in your 1:1 car. Lol
    +1 on the 1:1 car thing!

RC Champion
    One of our neighbors called the cops on us a few times complaining about the noise and running in the street.
    Cops came by and told us that by law we can't run them on the street, there is a law prohibiting playing in the street.
    They told us also that the noise from the nitro cars us fine and we can run all we want on the sidewalk and front yard till 9pm.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

I've had a police officer stop and see what I was doing, he thought he was really cool. But the other night I was out driving my Summit at my local park, at night, wearing black gloves, and a black jacket because it was 20 degress out side. (Not my best idea ever) I guess the TQi must have looked like a gun, because after about 20 min a cop came over asked what I was doing, and what I was holding, over a mega phone. I had to show him it was just a remote to a rc car, and he left. But it gave me a rather good scare. Becareful what you wear at night!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I've had a police officer stop and see what I was doing, he thought he was really cool. But the other night I was out driving my Summit at my local park, at night, wearing black gloves, and a black jacket because it was 20 degress out side. (Not my best idea ever) I guess the TQi must have looked like a gun, because after about 20 min a cop came over asked what I was doing, and what I was holding, over a mega phone. I had to show him it was just a remote to a rc car, and he left. But it gave me a rather good scare. Becareful what you wear at night!
    that is so funny. I would of been dropping bricks for a minute.
    I went out and visted some family in tx down by the border. These things are great for gang bangers and cop interaction on a shore time. I got some of my cousins and other family members into the hobby. We were bashing at a park with some skate board ramps. CBP and some city boys showed up to watch talk to us while were beatting on our trucks. It was a shocking experience.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-11-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: language

RC Racer
    awesome....

RC Racer
    ill never forget getting pulled up on by the cops when i was at a lowes parking lot. Me and two other guys were running our trucks and low and behold 5 cruisers converge on us! They get out and ask if we are a parrt of the disturbance? WE all look at each other dumbfounded and ask disturbance? They ask what we are doing and we all reply playing with our toy cars. They stopped and chilled for a minute before the person was apprehended!
    Slash 4x4 MM2 2400kv

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    sorry no offence but so funny
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    I was out with 3 of my friends with RC's and we were all running around and racing our cars around my community and we race other cars driving on the street. It was all fun and games until the cops showed up and told us to scram and to not stay outside so late. Of course we disregarded him, and then an ambulance drove by and both paramedics got out and looked in awe at our cars and how fast they go. They were impressed! It was awesome. (we drove electric cars BTW not nitro). Props to the paramedics for being so cool!