RC poster

Rear wheel spin: what is normal and what is not?

Hey guys,

I have searched and read a bit on this topic but usually any relevant comments are in a thread about a different problem. I am trying to just get a general idea of what is normal for a Stamp 4x4.

My specific question is this:

How freely should the rear wheels spin when the Stamp is not powered on?

I feel like with the MIP's CVD that my rear wheels are binding up. I adjust the wheel nuts....and it seems like its either the wheel is loose and a bit wobbly or it's so tight that the wheels are not spinning as freely as they should. I have used lock tite on my wheel hubs....I have washers and I have made sure the hubs are not rubbing on the bearings or anything else.

Thanks in advance.

Also in searching I realize there is no forum or thread that has how freely all of your wheels should spin in relation to each other. There are quite a few that talk about it briefly....but not collected in one place. Just an observation.

RC Qualifier
    If I put it on my desk and give it a good,shove and lift all wheels spin for about 1-2s I think. You have to remember they are stuck to a drive train and motor that all cause a lot of friction. :-)

RC Qualifier
    Should tighten the wheel nuts as tight as you can with included tool and a little more. Are your wheel hexes smashed and rubbing on the bearing carriers? Running wheel nuts loose will just strip the hex in the wheel. Take a tapered punch or something to make sure ur bearings spin ok.
    Last edited by braaap58; 02-10-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Your mips could do with some dry lube and that will cure it dude....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
    If I put it on my desk and give it a good,shove and lift all wheels spin for about 1-2s I think. You have to remember they are stuck to a drive train and motor that all cause a lot of friction. :-)
    That's how I check it too. It should roll for a bit if nothing's binding.

RC poster
    Okay....so a little spin but not too much. Got it. How does the rear compare to the front? The same? Should the front spin a bit more? Thanks again!

RC Qualifier
    It will be the same more or less...well. Mine is.... :-)

The front should spin less because the 30wt oil and grease in the rear....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!