RC Racer

Thinking of getting a Slash 4x4 platinum, is it worth $500 if you already have an SRT

I was thinking in gettn the slash 4x4 platinum and put 2.8" badland tires on it with a rpm body lift.
    My question is will the slash be a great enough of an experience, in comparison to my SRT, for it to be worth the $500?? Or should I just keep the SRT running as is? I'm just bashing but would like to visit a race track someday.

RC Champion
    I think the LCG chassis plus all the other little extras they include make it well worth the added investment:

-machined aluminum suspension components
    -front and rear swaybars (including a set of extra stiff 'bars)
    -clear body ready for your own signature paint style.
    -sealed, silicone-filled differential to replace the installed Torque-Control slipper clutch when track conditions favor a center diff.
    -massive GTR shocks and LCG chassis
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    I was also thinking about a lcg slash. I just found a dirt track that I could go race on Sundays. I would use it mainly on that track and bash my other vehicles.

Sent from Oser world

RC Champion
    2 totally different animals. slash is a basher.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

The SRT is simply the best. Don't sell it for a slash. Take that money and upgrade the SRT. Get some nice titanium turnbuckles, new bearings and electronics and see about getting the GTR shocks to fit.
    Powered by Tekin. Go Tekin or go home.

RC Qualifier
    The slash p.e. is a great basher. With some time, money and patience it can be made into a racer if you go that route in the future. If you need something that will take a beating then pick one up and keep the beatings away from the srt . I think you'd be overall happy with it in the long run.

Todd
    Peace and Professionalism.....Kabunga signing off!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    The SRT is simply the best. Don't sell it for a slash. Take that money and upgrade the SRT. Get some nice titanium turnbuckles, new bearings and electronics and see about getting the GTR shocks to fit.
    I'm not going to sell the SRT.

RC Qualifier
    slash is cheap and easy to make a racer dont know where you are getting your info i have a 2WD VXL out of the box raced it spent 100 on tires and wheels another 135 on charger and lipo 28 on swaybars now doing proline protrac suspension 57 and upgraded steering links to aluminum along with hub carriers and castor blocks another 75 done deal owned it 10 months get raced just about every weekend when i am home best money ever spent
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    slash is cheap and easy to make a racer dont know where you are getting your info i have a 2WD VXL out of the box raced it spent 100 on tires and wheels another 135 on charger and lipo 28 on swaybars now doing proline protrac suspension 57 and upgraded steering links to aluminum along with hub carriers and castor blocks another 75 done deal owned it 10 months get raced just about every weekend when i am home best money ever spent
    He wants the Slash as a bashed so he doesn't bash the SRT. Now if he wanted to get into racin the SRT would be the best option.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 02-11-2013 at 09:51 PM.