RC Enthusiast

Brushless emaxx under powered

Hey guys I recently picked up a brushless emaxx. I have messed with the settings on castle link for the mamba monster and it seems like the truck is really under powered for what it is. I'm running gens ace 5000 mah 50c 2s lipos x2. I even geared the truck down to a 14t pinion with a 68t spur. Am I missing something in order to bring theses trucks to life? I had a savage flux hp with the same lipos and it was crazy! Just confused the Maxx weighs less than a flux but has the same system it What's the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Your undergeared try 19/65 or 18/65 and see how you like it

RC Enthusiast
    I under geared it to be a real torque monster. I have tried the 18/65 as well and same thing. The truck barely does a wheely out of the hole. It gets up to speed but just doesnt have the punch to start off. The truck is upgraded pretty good so I dont have any worries at the moment of breaking stuff. I want as much torque as possible. Thanks for the reply

RC Enthusiast
    Im new to these trucks and the Mamba monster but the more I look at other ppls trucks I notice the wires from the motor go in order from left to right....... White, Red, Black.. I have mine reversed. I have tried to move the wires around and when you hit reverse the motor slams into reverse with zero ammount of brake? Sorry for the Noob questions. I just want to get this thin figured out so I can have some fun.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you have the motor wires reversed and then reversed it in your radio your getting full power to reverse and 30% power in forward
    Try switching only two wires and change the radio settings

How do.you like the roll cage? I have one one my revo but they don't make one for the 3908
    Last edited by 50togo; 02-11-2013 at 10:15 AM.

your maxx weighs more than a stock maxx thats for sure. you have alot of alum and it weighs more than plastic does. that could be a reason why you are not seeing wheelies, have you tried to turn the punch up on the esc more like to near max or max and see how it does to compensate for the extra weight.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Enthusiast
    I have actually since this pic removed the aluminum chassis braces, roll cage and shock towers I put Rpm shock towers on it as well. The only thing aluminum is the bulk heads as of now. I've disabled the punch control and even made a more powerful throttle curve and messed with the timing and still no dice

RC Enthusiast
    @ 50 I love the roll cage! I will probably put it back on it doesn't weigh anything. It's very sturdy

On my HW 120a esc i have punch set at 5-7 given at any time (1-9) is my settings i have ive tried 9 and its too crazy so my 5-7 works good. timing should be set at standard normal i have mine set at factory 15% which is normal off doesnt work well and too high doesnt work well either.
    50togo can give pointers on that area more though as i dont have the MMM
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Enthusiast
    This is the truck running. Maybe Im just being to picky? I reversed the wires from the motor to the esc, causing the motor to run in reverse faster than forward. So I reversed the rotation of the motor and swictched the radio settings back to normal. It has more torque only when you get a burst not continuous burst though?
    http://youtu.be/kvwDQnHwE0Y

RC Enthusiast
    Compared to this..... Mines a turd!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNg4-rmI-4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would put taller gearing and double check your clutch adjustment. All the way in and 1/4 turn out

RC Enthusiast
    Do you think the tires have anything to dowith it?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have trenchers on mine and plenty of power.
    Yours doesn't run bad probably needs more gearing. With the big trenchers I run 19/65 and it has good power

RC Enthusiast
    I finally got it! I did a motor test and its balls to the wall now! Thank you for your help!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Wow. That's good

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah it was really wired! I don't know what the problem was I also removed the extension wire from the esc to the receiver. I don't know what the problem was but its a completely different truck.