RC Qualifier

internal shock limiters

hey what does everyone use for internal shock limiters/ droop limiters? I know that you get a few on the Traxxas shock parts trees but I'd like to just get a bunch of 1mm spacers to use inside the shocks as well as other places on my truck

RC Champion
    Either nitro fuel line or fish tank air hose, basically any tubing works.

CM10 Samsung Epic - Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    hey Harry thanks for those links. I had seen both of those but aren't they for 3.5mm shafts? I'm using Traxxas shocks and they are only 3mm correct?

Quote Originally Posted by staab08 View Post
    hey Harry thanks for those links. I had seen both of those but aren't they for 3.5mm shafts? I'm using Traxxas shocks and they are only 3mm correct?
    I believe those dimensions are correct. The extra .5mm of the Losi spacers isn't really going to matter either way because they're used inside the shock. Not only will there be little play to begin with, but they're gonna be submerged in oil and captured in between the piston and shock body.

This is the first time I saw the Associated set. Can't remember what diameter the RB8 shocks are, but they should still work fine for your Traxxas shocks.

RC Qualifier
    alright well awesome. I will look into getting a set. what thicknesses come in that losi set?

Last time I bought them, they were labeled for the XXX series vehicles. There are a variety of different sizes, so you can fine tune the droop. Best part is, they're extremely accurate, especially compared to fuel tubing.

RC Qualifier
    Harry, I never knew there was such a thing! I have used O-rings, shock pistons, those little o-ring spacers that come in the rebuild kit, fuel tube..... pretty much anything that looked like it would work, never anything accurate or even very repeatable. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster75 View Post
    Harry, I never knew there was such a thing! I have used O-rings, shock pistons, those little o-ring spacers that come in the rebuild kit, fuel tube..... pretty much anything that looked like it would work, never anything accurate or even very repeatable. Thanks for the tip!
    Glad I could help. I initially found out about the spacers back when 1/10th gas truck racing was big. I bought a Losi AD2 and was informed by the fast locals that the droop setting was very important. They had precise measurements for the front and rear setting and it was easily accomplished with the Losi spacer set. IIRC, there are 5 or more different thicknesses, so you can accurately tune your suspension. Best part is you can match your shocks 100% identical with these.

RC Qualifier
    btw I did find these from losi. I think they are for 3mm shafts instead of 3.5mm so I think this is what i will order

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Spacer-Set-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by staab08 View Post
    btw I did find these from losi. I think they are for 3mm shafts instead of 3.5mm so I think this is what i will order

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Spacer-Set-XXX

Yep, those are the ones! For some reason when I search for Losi XXX shock limiters on amain, it always comes up with the ones for the 22. Either will work, but yes, the ones you linked are correct.

RC Qualifier
    awesome thanks Harry

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    I never noticed how much more accurate spacers are than fuel tube until I was racing. I ran such a stiff right ft spring on my carpet oval slash that the fuel tube split inside the shock. Bashing with a normal setup the fuel tube was ok. I now use only spacers though...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    good to know. Im about to shim my shocks today and will now be looking for a fuel tube alternative. I have the losi 3.5mm kit (x4) listed above but I'm using losi8 2.0 race buggy shocks that have 4mm shafts so Im not sure they will work
    'Life is for living, not living uptight'