RC Competitor

Spartan pulls to left really bad at top speed

Hi guys hope someone can help I've run my spartan today and when I try to hit full throttle the boat pulls really bad to the left looked at everything but can't find anything wrong thought it was the chip in the prop replaced that but still the same it's fine at low speed any ideas

RC Qualifier
    Check your trim tab, either one of it were out of angle.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Competitor
    I've had a look I fitted a new set for Christmas so it could have been them it has double trim tabs and il test again tomorrow see if I can work it out

RC Competitor
    Tryed boat again but still no joy but on last run boat gave out motor gone but thanks traxxas uk ( logic RC ) motor came today try again on weekend I've now took extra set of trim tabs off see if it helps.

RC Qualifier
    Is your servo does tweaking when the boat is on neutral?

RC Enthusiast
    sounds like your trim tabs arent set right and boat is off balance. take inner trim tabs off and shift battery weight around make sure your strut is at 0 degrees. what is your whole setup and lipos?

RC Competitor
    Servo is fine you can get boat straight when using steering but at high speed its hard enough to keep boat in the water and jim82 it's fine on 4s but I'm on 6s 3x3s . . . esc and everything else stock apart from trim tabs I'm going to keep trying different things can only think its trim tab because it was fine before another go Sunday rain or snow for uk tomorrow

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.

Servo is fine you can get boat straight when using steering but at high speed its hard enough to keep boat in the water and jim82 it's fine on 4s but I'm on 6s 2x3s and 180amp esc and everything else stock apart from trim tabs I'm going to keep trying different things can only think its trim tab because it was fine before another go Sunday.

Def trim tabs took both sets off and boat runs fine il buy some new ones and go from there
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-13-2013 at 07:44 PM. Reason: merge

RC Enthusiast
    Dont need to buy new ones just bend them.

RC Qualifier
    You should also have the item # 5731 for a well tuned adjustment of your trim tabs like what I have on those images.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for all the help from fellow members but the problem turned out to be the strut alignment must have come loose over time finally the uk had some good weather for boating and iv been out working hard and made a few adjustment and found the cause now goes fine again and edgemoulic yes my boat now looks like your photot but in red thanks