RC Competitor

Back end slipping out in corners.

Hey guys,
    I was just out at the track here in Nebraska. The Rear end of the slash is slipping out in the corners.
    I was wondering if any of you could explain suspension set up to me. I am wondering if I have to much pre-load or if my ride height is too high? I have just put on some HR black springs and I am running the silver sway bars in the rear.
    thanks for the help
    Jeff

RC Qualifier
    IMO sway bars dont work and are trash unless you get a buggy sway bar set up. they are much stronger. i dont know your set up but i would start out by softening the suspension, lowering oil wieght, or adding some 50k-75k diff fluid in the rear spool.
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Champion
    Sway bar's and suspension setup can fine tune but using thinner diff fluid in the rear and thicker up front will work also. thicker fluid up front lessen's the front diff "diffing out" and will give you better corner exit speed's along with keeping the rear end in line with the front.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys, I will mess around with the fluid, time to clean anyway, I will try thicker in front and thinner in the rear. I might try putting in the softer springs in.
    do any of you run differant springs? like stiffer in the front and softer in the back , I have the HR spring set with differnt stiffnesses.
    thanks
    Jeff
    Last edited by Dreith; 02-10-2013 at 12:41 PM.

RC Champion
    The only thing that cures this is a center diff...100%
    Its the single biggest advantage to running a center diff. When all those running slippers are slowing down tremendously in turns and waiting until they are straight again before nailing it the guys running the center diffs are just backing off the throttle in the turn then nailing it halfway though the turn and power out of it. Doesnt matter what you do with the rest of the suspension when running a slipper the rear end will always try to pass the front in the turns=spinout.

RC Competitor
    I have the Center Diff, but i am going to install a Mamba Monster 2 with 2650, 3s and 4s, Im afraid the center diff cant handle the power, or am I wrong?
    J

RC Champion
    I run a center diff with a Tekin RX8/T8 2650 on 3s regularly. I did upgrade the cup to an FLM aluminum cup.

http://www.largescalerc.com/26010-ce...ampede4x4.aspx

I dont think you will have any problems so long as you change out the plastic cup and dont run a MMM with a 2200 on 6s.
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 02-10-2013 at 03:48 PM.

RC Competitor
    sounds intreaging, I never thought about running the center diff. thanks for the input and the link!
    J

RC Champion
    It will make all the difference in the world in the turns.