RC Qualifier

Bought a "crawler" truck, save your money for Traxxas

Didn't want to get my rigs muddy so I got a big name crawler. Boy is it boring. After the 3rd time out I was like "yep, it can go up that obstacle" And guess what, so can my pede 4x4. Build quality was not impressive either. Wish I used the 400 bucks to get the new Traxxas rally. Crawler coming soon to an ebay near you.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by braaap58 View Post
    Didn't want to get my rigs muddy so I got a big name crawler. Boy is it boring. After the 3rd time out I was like "yep, it can go up that obstacle" And guess what, so can my pede 4x4. Build quality was not impressive either. Wish I used the 400 bucks to get the new Traxxas rally. Crawler coming soon to an ebay near you.
    Thanks for the tip as I was thinking of that myself. I've got my old XL-5 controller from my 2pede that I upgraded to VXL, and a Trinity brushed motor that needs a new armature. I will be looking for a roller or fixer upper 4pede that I can put a 27 or 55 turn armature into the Trinity can and build a pede crawler out of. I really like my 4pede and now the 2pede too.

RC Qualifier
    The P4de I love but a crawler it will never be. I have a Rock race crawler I'm forbidden to mention and it is awesome in its own right. You can make it go fast as **** to if you wish. But they are different sides of the coin IMO each great at their own game.

RC Qualifier
    I agree they are 2 completely different vehicles. I knew it getting it, but after a few hours you figure out what it can and can't do and I found it really boring. Putting the gymkhana tires and wheels on my merv has been allot more fun.

RC Qualifier
    Ha, That's how I feel about my stampede. Yup, goes fast. Yup, can jump a hill of dirt... Back to building custom parts and body for my crawler. I really do like my stampede, but I enjoy building custom parts and the technical driving required for a crawler. Anyone with money can build a maxed out pede. Buy parts and assemble.

RC Qualifier
    Sure, i enjoyed making my own polished alum bent links and steering linkage but after that........ Dirt track racing my merv and pede has been a new challenge. And yea having a grand into a pede so you can blast past anyone in a wide open area gets old too. What ever gives you kicks do it. Maybe i'll keep the crawler instead of take a big hit selling it, I go a month not touching one rig then its new and fun again.