Thread: Build

RC Competitor

Build

thinking of building an e maxx should i just put the brushless system in or start with brushed

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Brushless off course!
    What are you starting with?

RC Champion
    BRUSHLESS! You won't regret it, as long as you can afford it. I love mine. It's wicked fast and tough; only replaced the shock towers so far and I've beaten it quite nicely. On 2S, it can do a standing backflip. Not good for the diffs, but fun once in a while...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    Once I switched over to brushless I never regretted it. You'll have a LOT more power, fun and run times. I had to learn to go easy on the throttle and be more careful when driving.

RC Champion
    Brushless = better run times, lighter vehicle weight, better quality motors (read: MUCH more durable), and most of all, MORE POWER (grunt grunt!)

On the airplane side of the hobby, brushless and LiPo came into vogue about 15 years ago. Now, you can't even find a brushed motor or non-LiPo batteries advertised for sale. They're ancient history. I suspect that in a matter of 2-3 years, the same will be true for brushed and NiMh technology here on the car side.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The brushed maxx has a few parts the differ from the brushless version... if you plan on upgrading the power system it might be more cost effective to buy the brushed and then upgrade... but that all depends on what you plan on changing.

Motor mounts are different... and the hubs. I think that is about it??
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's why is said -starting off from. The 2200 might be a little too strong for an older t maxx or e maxc