Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierravmax View Post
    That is right down the road from me. I live off of St andrews.
    You should go by and check it out. There's a sign on the building. They are looking for help as well to get it ready.
    Jeremy

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    got a chance to run it again today after work, took it at Target empty parking lot and just happen to be that their are some fellow RC'er playing around. they also happen to have a bushnell speed gun so, i got a chance to clock mine to see how fast it is.....first pass was 52mph and second pass was 59mph, i'm impress how it pick up speed for such a short stretch.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    Was that 4s or 6s run?
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Sierravmax View Post
    Was that 4s or 6s run?
    that was on 4s geared 20t/46t.

RC Qualifier
    Wow. That is pretty good. I can't imagine how 6s is going to be. I strapped my 6s battery in my buggy a couple times so far and it gets pretty wild, but I didn't gear it for speed.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

i did try it on 6s (youtube video) and i cant really get it full throttle as the street is very narrow, i'm afraid i might loose control and slam it onto the curb or parked car lol.

Mate...you making me want to get one of these too. Well done .
    Rock n Rolla !

Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    Mate...you making me want to get one of these too. Well done .
    LOL once a tinkerer, always a tinkerer.

i just spend $66 for some parts i needed for my next build lol. anyone here bids from BRIGHTER BRANDS? this is my 3rd time buying from him and i have to say, hes good.
    here are the following parts,
    receiver box/ steering servo mount
    F/R body post/mount
    F/R shock tower
    17mm hexes
    motor mount
    cush drive with 3 spur gears (46t,50t,54t)
    secret of winning is to wait until the last 2 seconds lol.

RC Enthusiast
    Hey Guys, finally joined you over here! Glad to see more people are joining the 360mm "club" the main reason I built my first one was to use the GT2 Inferno bodies I had - but now I run it a lot, my XO-1 is a shelf queen now!

welcome aboard master.....glad to hear you finally joined us lol. only 3 so far attempted to shortened the XO-1. the more of us here the merrier ")

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I know. I wonder who is going to be next?!!
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    if paypal would release my funds they got on hold , all $770 of it I would def buy some spare parts to make a 325mm version
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

wow Ben, that alot of $$ and for sure thats plenty enough to build one

i was just at ebay checking XO-1 parts and just happen that the XO-1 knuckles (F/R carriers) was about to be over soon in few seconds, so i bid on it and i won it for $43. i think my 360mm will get started sooner than i thought LOL.

recieved my parts in the mail today, the ones that are in the chassis. waiting for more...

i tried the 29t with my 325mm XO-1 and it was crazy fast that the car flew up in the air, now my shelf PF8 body are all scratched up LOL, surprisingly nothing broke with the car but some scuff at the rear diffuser.

RC Qualifier
    Looks like you are getting there. I scratched my new body already. I was trying stop and it went sideways and caught traction and flipped on it's lid. I plan on gearing mine up this weekend and seeing what it will do.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Enthusiast
    Ha - lol, I have never run more than 23/46 on my 325mm (running castle 2650 on 3 and 4S) but I run the 360mm with 29/46 and 4S mostly - it is pretty crazy.

i'll try 25t/46t next time alteast i know what 29t/46t can do hahaha. i'm going to put the 50t spur with 29t and see what happen.
    after the crash i took the rear apart cause i notice the rear right arm have a good amount of wobble, i've notice this wobble back when i had it on my Rally GT8 after i flew it up in the air too and landed at the right side......the pin hole is shape oval causing it to wobble bad, now i have to buy a new set cause the front right also start to wobble.

i order a replacement pro trac arms last night and today i run it again with all that wobble and i have to say, it cannot go straight, so i decided to put it away until the replacement shows up in the mail. i also replace the spur to 50t but i have to wait to run it 'til i get it fix.

RC Enthusiast
    Are you still running those suprasales tires? they are not belted and are probably contributing to your wobble. Also yes, the protrac arms are terrible, loose fit and they break at the pin holes.

Quote Originally Posted by angus m View Post
    Are you still running those suprasales tires? they are not belted and are probably contributing to your wobble. Also yes, the protrac arms are terrible, loose fit and they break at the pin holes.
    yeah, suprasales are all that i have (3 sets). thinking maybe trying something different like tires with thread&belted, you have any recomendition?

does anyone experience weird noice when using the 29t pinion with 46t spur? car rolls smooth when i separate the pinion and spur, also the motor spin very quite but, when i mesh them together the noice is there, almost like a bearing going out.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    does anyone experience weird noice when using the 29t pinion with 46t spur? car rolls smooth when i separate the pinion and spur, also the motor spin very quite but, when i mesh them together the noice is there, almost like a bearing going out.
    Is the 29t a mod 1 gear? Sounds like maybe it might not be or it's off a little?
    Jeremy

yeah its a Mod1 pinion, i did'nt like the noise to i went back to 20t/46t which did'nt have that noise in the first place
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 03-24-2013 at 11:13 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Just throw the 34t pinion in and that should fix it.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Champion
    Maybe that gear is just off or something. Could have been made on Friday afternoon
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast
    I have run the 29/46 for a long time in my 360mm, ran it today too - no strange noise.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I can't find your post about giving the new era arms another shot with protrac/Tekno bones.... here's my sl2sh mt. Its an animal! Mmp/2400/3s/4s
    Its a wheel ripping, shaft twister! So hears what I use for my shafts....lasting over 6months without fail or problems.
    Tekno's cup and ball end cut off and keyed / sl4sh center shaft and input gears/ Tekno bone end keyed for gear / xo1 axle boots and hex / Tekno carrier. You could use all kinds of different crap to get this done lol. I just happen to have tons of excess parts, bent bones, and scratched center shafts so its not costing me a thing to hack some parts up.
    This gives you what ever length shaft you want, leaves a touch of play, like sliders do, and has handled all the abuse I throw at it without coming loose, splitting or stripping. The ends haven't even flanged out yet, and that's what I thought would be the first problem.

I got a million lil mods I've discovered just tinkering with what I have on hand......I would encourage forward thinking to all enthusiasts, brain storm with spare parts laying in front of you, different brands and makes, with common assembly styles/configuration! See what you can come up with first, then spend if nothing can be done.
    These aren't the exact parts I used but demonstrate the part to complete the task

Just dropping a fresh perspective on "custom building" lol
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 03-25-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

Dear Traxxas,
    These custom shafts have held up to my bashing much longer than the xo1sets I own.......see what you can do in R&D for us please. I'll give ya this "1" for free lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Dear Traxxas,
    These custom shafts have held up to my bashing much longer than the xo1sets I own.......see what you can do in R&D for us please. I'll give ya this "1" for free lol.
    you got some serious mod frankenstein skills lol. My RC Solution arms are 4mm longer than the protrac so by using the protrac bone (still have to buy it) with xo-1 stub axle, revo 17mm hexes....... that should set me on the right lenght.

Honestly, I do these lil tasks as a mind exercise. I guess I find myself being more productive in thought professionally and personally. Taking broken, unused, or excess parts, like a puzzle, making it an actual, functional "something", is a small step in overall creativity. Though it lacks in real world benefits, it does expand my ability or courage to problem solve, trouble shoot, or simply try to tackle real world scenario's. Even when creating a Frankenstein part, (I take no offense by your description for this exact reason) the feeling one gets from a simple accomplishments is very empowering! It builds your self esteem and willingness to at least try. You understand, I've noticed sense your electronic/nitro conversion, you have been on a beautiful roll, knocking off many extensive projects. Try to stop us! And im sure you can see how it can come into play with everyday living. Not that im comparing my chopped parts to your builds lol.
    Funny, as I write this, im in the middle of putting a skil brand battery hand driver back together.....just installed a traxxas plug and nimh batteries because I can't find a charger online, but its a perfectly good driver lol. So now I'll slap it on the charger next to the rc packs
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 03-25-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Honestly, I do these lil tasks as a mind exercise. I guess I find myself being more productive in thought professionally and personally. Taking broken, unused, or excess parts, like a puzzle, making it an actual, functional "something", is a small step in overall creativity. Though it lacks in real world benefits, it does expand my ability or courage to problem solve, trouble shoot, or simply try to tackle real world scenario's. Even when creating a Frankenstein part, (I take no offense by your description for this exact reason) the feeling one gets from a simple accomplishments is very empowering! It builds your self esteem and willingness to at least try. You understand, I've noticed sense your electronic/nitro conversion, you have been on a beautiful roll, knocking off many extensive projects. Try to stop us! And im sure you can see how it can come into play with everyday living. Not that im comparing my chopped parts to your builds lol.
    Funny, as I write this, im in the middle of putting a skil brand battery hand driver back together.....just installed a traxxas plug and nimh batteries because I can't find a charger online, but its a perfectly good driver lol. So now I'll slap it on the charger next to the rc packs
    i'm telling you man, this hobby keeps my mind from any problem that occurs in my day to day basis. i can just stare at my RC's and forget about everything lol. anything that pops in my head that i think it can be useful for my RC's then i'll be in the garage tinkering. like for instance my Rally with the front diffuser made from a cutting board (which by the way, my wife not so happy about it) and that work out pretty good keeping the body from flapping around at high speed, i wanted to put a side and rear diffuser too but never got around with it yet.

Lol, that and the warning she gave you about putting your hands on her new cutting board. Rofl.
    sorry about going off subject repeatedly, I just feel compelled to put those particular thoughts out on the forum as often as possible. In other forums like rusty, pede, slash, we have many young minds, many new to the hobby folks, fellas that haven't had the opportunity to get creative in this way. Looking for a body painter, painted body, mounted tires...... I lay the empowerment trip on um! Get them stoked for the mission that's gonna change the way they think about themselves after the first step of giving it a shot and gaining some steam toward the tasks we must tackle to be productive Hobbiests.
    Finished off the drill lol! It worked so now i'll pop it open again, shorten up the wiring, and install the connector flush to the casing ......... now its a promatch powered 2.4v skil driver.
    I didn't charge it on ni-cd settings, just didn't set the charger fir the new batteries yet.
    Just had a thought .......what if the wife walked in the work shop, grabbed a Castle motor, upgraded her Cuisinart .........ha, ha, ya! Now that's funny I can see you or I looking all over for the missing motor/esc,, head to the kitchen to run it by the misses .......there she is running your castle gear the the paces mixing up some frozen drinks for herself and friends. And like us, seeing no wrong in it, she says with accomplishment " check this out honey, I modded the blender".rofl

seeing your power drill just reminded me that i have one that bend 45 degrees at the handle, i just have to find it somewhere at the storage, they can be very handy specially when your arms getting tired of turning lol. looks like your drill can be use again after all. Lol about wife joke, good thing she hates spiders cause she aint going near my RC stuff. i tell her all the time that what ever you do dont open any of my stuff out there or there might be spiders

i order a new body with better aerodinamic design hope this will keep me from blowing over at high speed

I received my DP8 body today, got it trimmed and fitted. I like how it looks, turn out very well. here's the pics.
    out of the box

tools I used

once the body is straight, I use sharpie to spot on for drilling holes

I use step drill bit for drilling the holes

trimmed and fitted

there will be more pics once its painted.

i did a short run earlier today before i received the DP8 body. after i trim and cut the DP8 body, i did run it too, i just didn't get it on video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tqN1nzzSmE

RC Enthusiast
    Dude, you and MITCH316 are 2 awesome individuals. I love your guys build threads. Well done on the XO-1 mod...seen this is making me want to do it but finances wont let me, maybe one day. That new body looks great...you are truly a very creative dude, well done!

RC Qualifier
    Cool body. I have one on the way too, mine isn't going to be used on a Traxxas chassis though.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!