Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    since i'm running protrac arms, it gives me 8mm overall width and so to bring it back to its original width i use my revo 17mm hexes, its a whole lot easier for me to than taking the arms and/or buy TRX cvd.

| Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    If you kept the xo1 adapters would the wheels stick past the body? I am wondering how wide the Corvette body is? I might have to swap my Protrac arms back to stock if the wheels go past the body.

Here is where mine is so far. It took me forever swapping parts over because I was swapping between 2 Slash 4x4's and the Xo1 chassis. I have my Corvette body ordered from Amain but things take forever to get to S.C. from there. I have also noticed that the caster on the xo1 is way different then a slash 4x4. My slash 4x4 arms are slanted back and the xo1's are slightly angled forward. I think they did this so the camber does not change a lot while turning. Do they normally do this to on road cars? All I have ever owned was offroad vehicles.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    And I agree with you. The xo1 seems to built really well. Also the esc is not being mounted there. I think I am going to mount it in front of the motor. About to put in a order for a Tekno battery tray.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

the corvette body has 310mm width...while XO-1 body has 295mm. what axles are you using? the xo-1 C-hub are no difference with the slash 4x4......its the angle of the bulkheads.....slash bulkhead are design to have a kick-up for offroad use thats why it has a little bit of an angle. onroad are straight to keep the wheels stay flat even when the wheels are turn left or right. try turning your front slash 4x4 and XO-1 wheels to see the difference.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 02-24-2013 at 06:24 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I know the c-hubs aren't different. The angle of the control arms still affects the castor though. I already know the angle is different. The slash 4x4 changes camber a lot more due to the castor angle by how they angled the arms at the bulkhead. I was just not aware that on road and off road would have way differnet castor settings. I am assuming I am going to get better grip on road and less inside wear on my front tires due to this. Like I said I have never owned something built for on road before. It looks like I should be good with that body. The width of my car is about 296mm from the outside top of tires with the current camber setting. I am using Teknos with protrac bones and Tekno 17mm adapters. It is kind of a pricey setup but I know they are strong.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

i'm also using protrac with tekno but, the standard slash bone....i got the extra length from the XO-1 stub axles to make up the protrac arms.

Its coming together now mate...Nice. My rally build seems to be taking forever, still waiting for my arms to come in.
    Rock n Rolla !

thanks mate.....i really want to run this but what stopping me is the batt tray, i have nowhere to support or keep the lipo from flying out like i did to my rally at one time. i was so anxious to run the Rally so i use a double sided tape, i thought it was holding good as i can pick it up holding the lipo but, the impact in the curb was i guess so hard that it took the lipo flying out and skidding towards me, i thought that was it...that lipo is over, at first i was afraid to pick it up so i waited for few minutes to see what will happen but nothing happen so i pick it up and inspect it...turn out just the outer wrapping was ripped open
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 02-24-2013 at 10:44 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i'm also using protrac with tekno but, the standard slash bone....i got the extra length from the XO-1 stub axles to make up the protrac arms.
    Yeah mine should be the same exact width as yours was. This was the only picture I could find. You can see the 17mm hex underneath.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

your track width should be fine for the corvette body then but, with the xo-1 body.... i'm afraid it will rub and your tekno stub wont work with revo 17mm hexes unless you drill them revo hexes to 6mm all the way thru.

RC Qualifier
    I am not planning on running the xo1 body, but if I wanted to I just could put the stock arms back on with the shorter bones.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

got any idea of where to cut the chassis and get the 360mm wheelbase? i have not ask the guy that did it though but judging on the picture it looks like the cut were from the neck right by the angle. if i do get to do mine, i'll do this way, wait until the body come, then trim it......and i'll have all the rear assembly attached to the chassis, then.....drop the body in and with the front assembly also under the body i move it back and forth until i get the wheels line up perfectly with the wheelwell...once i get it marked then i'll use the spare chassis to line up to were all the markings are and sharpie marker to mark the holes.

just order a XO clear body.

went to LHS to buy few parts and paint for the XO-1 body.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome! So which motors are you going to run in both of these projects? I should be getting my Corvette body some time next week. I am having a problem with a seller right now with multiple parts ordered. My paypal account shows a sale, but they are not giving me a tracking number or history.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

as of now my MM/2200 with this full size but geared low 20t/46t, once i get the MM extreme/1717 BB then it will go on full size and toss the MM/2200 on 1/8 scale, still want the corvette though i just have to save $$ aside to order it lol.

heres what it looks like now, all i need is the body.

i have the summit spring right now and man are they stiff hahahaha.

RC Qualifier
    So are you going to try to do speed runs with the x01 or are you going to bash or even race?
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

going to do speed runs with it and bash around the parking lot. if i dont find a MM/1650kv 1717 BB soon i will turn this into a 1/8 and pull the trigger of buying the corvette body.

RC Qualifier
    suggest move your bottome shock mount in atleast one hole on the bottom where it screws into the arms , your ride height seems low and expect to bottom out easy
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

no Ben, my wheels/tires are smaller in diameter than the stock XO-1, thats why it setting low. the bottom of the arms are already touching the diffuser. i will eventually get the xo wheels/tires soon.

RC Qualifier
    yea I know you have differnt tires , thats why i mention adjusting the lower shock mounts on the arms , even with xo-1 wheels and tires it will seem like they are touching the diffuser

if i adjust it one hole over the arms will be binding to the diffuser. only way for me to have that taller stand is to buy the xo-1 wheels/tires.

RC Qualifier
    He also needs to realize that you are running protrac arms and they are totally different then the stock ones.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

Its coming together now mate....
    Rock n Rolla !

yep, just waiting for the xo body then i can paint it. i wanna see it for myself.... how the 2200 handle on such a heavy car . if i dont like how it perform then i will continue the 360mm wheelbase by cutting the chassis and which means i have to buy another body (not complaining or anything, ) corvette. i'll keep this as a roller until i can fund the real deal (MMM extreme/1717 1650kv). also working on my rally to get it back to how it was .

to all xo-1 owners, has any of you guys ever run them without the body and be able to run them straight? i could'nt seem to get mine to grip or go straight.
    i have no problem running my Rally GT8 without the body and be able to go full throttle.

RC Qualifier
    Ive ran mine without body plenty of times , but once it goes over about 50mph your gonna be SOL

at least you got it up to 50mph, mine is at half throttle and probably running at 35mph, if i squeze the throttle even more it start to fishtale and spin around

FedEx drop off my xo-1 body this afternoon and i quickly got started prepping for paint.
    unpainted:

painted:

RC Racer
    I like the colors good job

RC Qualifier
    Body looks great! Now you just need black wheels. I should be cutting my chassis this weekend. I finally have received all my parts.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Sierravmax View Post
    Body looks great! Now you just need black wheels. I should be cutting my chassis this weekend. I finally have received all my parts.
    thanks, i have a black wheels...i just did'nt put it on for picture taken i am very tempted to cut mine to 360mm after all thats what my plan was. still looking around for a cheaper deal with the corvette body, so far i saw one for $86 shipped.

ok, found out why i cant get this to go straight.......the spacer i put between the 17mm hex and hubs were causing it to bind and when its running it creates drag.

OK, i got it to run today and its a little bit better than it was. still cant fully gun the throttle......i dont know if this is because of my wheels/tires but i have no problem using this set of wheels/tires with my Rally GT8 on 6s. i find my Rally GT8 more stable and very easy to steer. i think the Xo-1 is lack of width track, its got the lenght but the width is a bit narrow which make it harder to go straight. i'm going to cut the chassis as i plan in the first place and make this into a 1/8 scaler.

RC Qualifier
    you cant fully gun a stock xo-1 untill you get into the hi speeds , even then you might lose it
    those supraslicks stand no chance , also your ride height is prob way to low , imagine how the big block at full throttle is on 6s lol it would blow the tires off the rims .. you need to use the castle link and test n tune a lil with it on the punch and other settings , then it will let you do full throttle

RC Qualifier
    Yeah you need belted tires. I just picked up a set of super soft pmt wheels/tires. I already have the Sweeps but they are almost bald. I think I would also try to play with the diff oils. I see some people running up to 300 diff oil in the front with they're 1/8th on road cars.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

OK i'll give this one more shot, i'll go ahead and buy the XO-1 wheels/tires lol.

hey Sierravmax hows your 1/8 XO-1 project?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    OK i'll give this one more shot, i'll go ahead and buy the XO-1 wheels/tires lol.

hey Sierravmax hows your 1/8 XO-1 project?
    I worked on it off and on today. It now has a 360mm wheelbase whit body mounted. Took forever to get everything straight and looking good. I still need to mount the Tekno battery tray, mount the esc, and solder it all up. Here are a few pics.

Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    Fixed the other pic. Also I did not cut the main chassis. I ended up moving up the rear diff and redrilling the holes. I did however cut the top brace. I figured I might want to one day go back to the original wheelbase and try out a xo1 body. I also have the Corvette body, but have not painted it yet.
    Last edited by Sierravmax; 03-09-2013 at 07:14 PM.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    looks great, wish we were close to run against my IGT2 ceptor see which performs better lol