Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar

My XO-1 GT8 build thread

ever since the XO-1 came out the market.... i've always say to myself, one day i'll build one and that time has come . i say GT8 cause i'm going to make it a 1/8 scale (40mm shorter). the body i'm going to use is a Corvette C6-R 360mm.
    this is what i got so far:

i've been thinking of building a 1/8 scale base from a XO-1.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    cant wait to see your version of it , try to save measurements I just bought a inferno gt2VE but might try this also since they will be same wheels base are you going for 325 or 360mm ? i belive the biggest obstacle is getting the holes right for the front bulk head , maybe having the front end with 1/8 wheels and and body will help out , also need to redrill for the servo holder/radiotray , be nice if you could still keep the double battery layout but im not sure you might be able too, i have the same parts sitting on the table I should just mail them to you and pay you todo it lol
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    cant wait to see your version of it , try to save measurements I just bought a inferno gt2VE but might try this also since they will be same wheels base are you going for 325 or 360mm ? i belive the biggest obstacle is getting the holes right for the front bulk head , maybe having the front end with 1/8 wheels and and body will help out , also need to redrill for the servo holder/radiotray , be nice if you could still keep the double battery layout but im not sure you might be able too, i have the same parts sitting on the table I should just mail them to you and pay you todo it lol
    someone else have done it already (360mm) but before i've seen his..... i have been thinking of doing it for quite sometime GT8 gives you more body options.
    heres his,

what i would do to mine is bring the batt tray more towards the front.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 02-09-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Nice one bro...as always I will be following your build thread .
    Rock n Rolla !

won few more parts off ebay today lol. i hope i did'nt outbit anyone here hahahha

RC Qualifier
    goodluck , was gonna follow suit and build one too but ended up selling my xo-1 roller with couple bodies for $600 and sold my GTP with ferrari body for $700 ended up bidding on a rtr inferno gt2 Ve and got it under $500 so now I have my 360mm wheelbase car .. still have a spare xo-1 chassis but it almost seems cheaper to buy a roller for $300 because once you bid on those steering blocks and bearing carriers plus drive shafts , seems like your allready in the $200+ range just to build a roller from scratch unless i can snipe them like you lol
    even though will be following this goodluck

the roller is the way to go, it will definitely save you money, for sure. what i'm doing is transforming my Rally GT8 to XO-1 GT8, my Rally GT8 is equipped with xo-1 parts. i like the shorter wheelbase cause you can buy different body design, XO-1 your pretty much stuck with one body unless traxxas will come out with more body design then i might consider building another one on its size, already have a spare chassis for it too LOL.

RC Qualifier
    yea you allready won half the battle seeing as you have the drive shafts and pretty much everything else . Are you going with a GT1 325mm size or GT2 360mm . Ive come across that even in the GT1 size most of the kyosho bodies are not available anymore , and you either get lucky like I did or have to settle for the protoform pf8 , or some of the ofna bodies that are still available , even those are gonna be obsolete because ofna doesnt make them anymore . then you have the ipanema warrior body that i see alot of racers using . the gt2 360mm size you can also use the warrior body and the pf8 so Ive heard then you have the kyosho bodies like the corvette, audi r8 , aston martin , mclearen ,and a ceptor bodies and I think the 2 new ofna gtve bodies will fit it also . I have spent more on bodies in last 6 months then cars lol .

i'm going for the 360mm, a-mainhobbies carry the body that i want.

RC Qualifier
    kool , i got a 360mm ceptor with the rtr kit i got , but will be ordering the audi and aston bodies come spring time , so dont take the last ones lol . i just want to build one xo-1 in 1/8 scale to see if they will tell me I can race it like they had told that other guy on the other forum .. lolol

aston martin and ceptor are harder to find, i have'nt seen them anywhere too. i know aston martin is very rare, audi looks like its there almost all the time and ceptor only comes with the RTR looks like. yeah i heard about that, that sucks he cant run his though, it would have been an exciting race for him.

RC Qualifier
    How did that guy mod the upper brace? Did he make a new one?
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Sierravmax View Post
    How did that guy mod the upper brace? Did he make a new one?
    he made a cut in the middle and hidden it with the switch, also with the center shaft (center shaft is hallow all the way thru with groove)

RC Qualifier
    Yeah i already knew the center shaft is hollow. Wondering about the strength of the top plate now that it has been cut. I guess there is some bracing that I dont see.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

well its still have the center carrier, that still help stiffen everything. what i'm going to do with mine is double the brace with defferent location of the cut that way they overlap and tap it with a screws.

RC Qualifier
    Man you are seriously making me want to transform my slash 4x4 gt8 to 360mm. I have been scratching my head thinking of the perfect way to mount my Xl2 in my Slash 4x4. If I go the same route as you, I should have plenty of room. I was so close to buying a rtr Inferno gt v2 a couple weeks ago. Then Losi marked down the Eight T and I ended up getting that instead.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

lol, you just have to follow your mind to what direction it will take you and decide from there. really if traxxas come up with more body option for XO-1 i will consider redoing this to its actual size. i like the corvette 360mm body and this is the only way for me to make that body fit.

recieved my spare chassis today along with body post and steering bellcrank. although i am watching some parts on ebay and i lost track of time and i miss to bid. i spend to much time here that i forgot all about it lol maybe next time

few parts came in the mail today and my hands are itching to put it together LOL. anyway i got the rear end together.
    heres what i've done so far.

last pic is my guesstimate length, still have to reconfigure my steering servo wether to mount that way or stock.
    also my suspensions a bit to short as you can see it level up to the plastic rear defuser.

RC Qualifier
    its coming alone , make sure measure 2wice cut once lol

thanks Ben, that i'll do. i'm using my spare chassis to get the exact mounting hole, once i get the right lenght (360mm) then i'll clamp it,then drill.

i bolted up the front end just to see how it looks like, man this is such a long car....i've never had a wheelbase this massive before lol. still going for the 360mm though and with my spare chassis i might slowly build it to stock lenght, just incase traxxas comes up with a different body style.

alright, i just won more parts off ebay to complete the build, now i just have to wait for it and then i'll make the cut of the chassis.

almost forgot, i still have to buy the body lol. all in all, so far i like how its turning out and the $$ i've spent is less than i thought.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 02-17-2013 at 08:24 PM.

RC Qualifier
    what did you have that you didnt have to buy ? the driveshafts ? shocks?
    which body you going with ?

Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    what did you have that you didnt have to buy ? the driveshafts ? shocks?
    which body you going with ?
    i'm going for the 360mm corvette body. everything else are all here besides the ones i just won from ebay.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome! Looks like you got a lot done. Now just for the cutting! I should be getting my parts Friday. I have a 3 day weekend next week so I should be able to make some progress on mine. What color are you painting the Corvette body?
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

Awesome! Looks like you got a lot done. Now just for the cutting! I should be getting my parts Friday. I have a 3 day weekend next week so I should be able to make some progress on mine. What color are you painting the Corvette body?
    i've seen a real corvette with a lighter blue so i'm gonna go with that color with a black stripped at the fender.

RC Qualifier
    Cool. I actually passed a black C6 Zo6 on the interstate today. That made me think of my project.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

Cool. I actually passed a black C6 Zo6 on the interstate today. That made me think of my project.
    i should have everything by the end of this week, well...almost, the last thing i need is the body. my vacation is coming up also in a couple of weeks, so i have all that week to finish this project.

i cant believe this, i'm already start thinking of building for the 1/7 scale XO-1, just won some stuff off ebay. this probably my shelf queen XO-1 LOL.

boo on the shelf queen idea J/K. another build would be great of a 1/7 that is going to be a stock xo-1 or custom
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Mate...looking good as always. You're making me want to get an XO-1 now ; first the Rally build...I'm sure I will be happy with that. XO-1, maybe a couple years down the track.
    Rock n Rolla !

slowly but surely lol. maybe by summer i'll build my revo truck again or better yet a E-Slayer, only time will tell from here

Go eSlayer mate...they so much fun.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    I might do something with my slayer pro in the future. It has been sitting for almost a year since I ran it. The motor is probably locked up.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    Go eSlayer mate...they so much fun.
    i'm leaning towards that direction mate. I've already build a REVO-E now its time to try Slayer-E lol.

anyway.....i got the rest of the parts for my XO-1 today and now its coming along nicely. i might run it as it is now since the corvette body is way too much $$$, lets just say i can get 2 XO-1 painted body off ebay for a unpainted corvette body. i'll be ordering the XO-1 body next week.

here are some pics comparing to my Rally GT8

XO-1 is truly well built car.

RC Qualifier
    So now you arent going to cut it down? I got some parts in yesterday and should get the rest today.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

So now you arent going to cut it down? I got some parts in yesterday and should get the rest today.
    i'm going to leave this one as it is for now and run it. i'm still going to continue the 360mm with the spare chassis that i already have, i've already got parts for them on the way. i guess i turn the table around, instead of doing the 360mm first...... i finished the 1/7 XO.

RC Qualifier
    Wow. Plans for one and you end up with two. Lol I got my parts in. Im not going to run any of the bottom plastic for now. I just compared my chassis to my losi 8 truggy and both chassis are the same exact length. Was very interesting.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

well i bid parts on ebay and i won so end up getting extra parts and i dont let those parts set there for nothing lol. i have no intension of building two it just happen