RC Enthusiast

Integy roll cage I want one what do guys think?

Dose anybody have experience with their roll cage I was going to get the slash 4x4 one and put it one my rally I'm more of a basher than a racer if any body has one or a pic of one on a car any info would be appreciated thanks

RC Qualifier
    Usually Integy stuff is not held in high regards. I would steer clear.
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Champion
    +1 that. I have been on this forum for about 6 weeks now and haven't heard a single kind word about Integy components!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    As bad as the name is and the cringe that comes along with it, from what I've heard their roll cages arent that bad. Along with a couple of others items on the same hand with that count.

→ → Team Integy Full Roll Cage ← ←

New Era offers roll cages to, but its not the full cage version. Being the Rally has an LCG chassis the side tubes would be to high to mount to it. You will still be able to mount front and back though.

→ → New Era Roll Cage ← ←
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    i do have some integy parts. never had any problems. i think integy got a bad rap on here. one person had a bad item so now it is spread all over. all it is is hearsay to me. its always i hear integy sucks. you have a hit/miss with all aluminum. just my 2 cents.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    Integy aluminum is soft, or I should say some parts are easily bendable, integy= shelf queens, bling bling, and waste of money, I have had bad experience with their parts, but like the story goes, to each his own. There are multiple posts on integy. Do your homework and good luck. This is JMO though, take it as a grain of salt!! God bless and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Enthusiast
    I wanted the one in the picture on top I saw at the local hobby shop. And it looked Welbilt nice and stiff But the guy at the hobby store Said it might cause problems with my Chassi So I got cold feet and didn't get it That's why I'm asking you guys for your opinion "the pro's"

I have two Integy roll cages, one on my Pede, one on my Slash. They both work well and are made of steel. After an upside down skid I hit it with some black paint and it's good as new.

I'm on my phone and can't post pics but you can search for my thread to see pics of both trucks: Giving the old slash some love
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    ^^ Theres one of the guys I thought was running one. My other buddy Itsstock has one on his Slash 4x4 too.

O.G. I'm giving my Slash some TLC to. As in tearing it down and replacing some busted parts and upgrading to an RPM gearbox and AVID Triad Slipper.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    i do have some integy parts. never had any problems. i think integy got a bad rap on here. one person had a bad item so now it is spread all over. all it is is hearsay to me. its always i hear integy sucks. you have a hit/miss with all aluminum. just my 2 cents.
    Nope... the vast MAJORITY of people on this forum who HAVE purchased an integy aluminum part have had bad experiences. there is a VERY short list of the parts that arent junk. Their tools are one, some like their 2X4 slash/pede gear box but I just think those people havent run their trucks hard enough. I had one and it bent almost immediately. I have heard their roll cages are good, but they are made of steel... if they cant get welded steel right everyone at integy should find new careers. Their parts are junk, their warranty is insulting and their reputation is VERY well earned (bad reputation that is).
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Nope... the vast MAJORITY of people on this forum who HAVE purchased an integy aluminum part have had bad experiences. there is a VERY short list of the parts that arent junk. Their tools are one, some like their 2X4 slash/pede gear box but I just think those people havent run their trucks hard enough. I had one and it bent almost immediately. I have heard their roll cages are good, but they are made of steel... if they cant get welded steel right everyone at integy should find new careers. Their parts are junk, their warranty is insulting and their reputation is VERY well earned (bad reputation that is).
    Agreed. Some people have to learn the hard way though.
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Racer
    I have one on my pede and it was well worth it saved my rc countless times but is heavy and the body won't fit anymore but really tough I flip my pede a lot at high speed it keeps the electronics safe but the wheels still snap off [IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/10/nevere9a.jpg[/IMG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    i really like reading your responses to alot of topics on the forum. they are very informative, and you are to the point. thanks. and i do agree there is a difference in opinions on daily hardcore racers, compared to just average weekend bashers. it is a wonder that integy isnt on the ban list.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

I'd like to add I use the roll cages instead of a body. I never use a lid over the roll cage and these last much longer than any lid I've had.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    I have one of their roll cages on my Rustler, it works well. It does however add some weigt and had to adjust my suspension to compesate for it.
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally