RC Qualifier

Cap pack vs External BEC

Do I really need an External BEC to run a Savox servo in my XO-1? Or will a cap pack be sufficient? Lemme know your set-up...

XO-1/Vorza Flux/Tmaxx picco reddot/Jato 3.3/ Ofna LX2 with dual Savox

RC Champion
    Well all Xo-1's come with a cap bank, so that's not an option so just add a bec and call it done.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    Well all Xo-1's come with a cap bank, so that's not an option so just add a bec and call it done.
    I added a BEC before and then the ESC stopped arming when I turned it on... Do you have a BEC on yours and if so, how does it work with your ESC? And yes I know about disconnecting the red wire from the ESC...

RC Champion
    What does a cap bank have to do with a BEC?

RC Qualifier
    A glitch buster plugs into the receiver directly... The issue I am trying to get addressed is that when the CC BEC is hooked up, the only way the ESC arms is leaving it switched on and then plugging in the batteries... This is not supposed to happen because I have the same setup in my hpi vorza and it works perfectly...

RC Champion
    Really? Does your Hpi buggy have a Traxxas tqi radio system also? It has to do with xo-1 liabilities unlock on the RX. Cut that esc switch off and solder it closed and call it well done.
    Last edited by BL-Bob; 02-18-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    Stop busting my canards!

RC Qualifier
    I have a little glitch buster cap that plugs directly in to the reviever. I use a Savox servo and it works fine.
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStenchOfSpeed View Post
    I have a little glitch buster cap that plugs directly in to the reviever. I use a Savox servo and it works fine.
    Yeah stenchof speed... Am with you on this... Ordered a Novak glitch buster and that's where am gonna stay... Did you get rid of the ESC on/off switch?

RC Champion
    I use the stock servo and it works fine.

RC poster
    Hi

you have to deactivate the "traxxas live link in the ESC. Then u can use a external BEC without Problems.
    Had that problem with my HighVolt servo. After deactivating "Livelink" with the CastleCreation Programmer, everything worked fine.
    you should unlock the car before. after deactivating. this isn't possible anymore

RC Champion
    +1 exactly Ch3^ Thank you, That's what I've been trying to tell him. Red led on rx = bad, Green led on rx = good.
    Last edited by BL-Bob; 02-26-2013 at 02:28 PM.

RC Champion
    Castle link live is what locks your Esc to your Traxxas rx and the 50mph speed lock. Without it people could just change rx to unlock the car. At first it wasn't even available and you were stuck with the tqi. You keep having trouble because your powering up the Esc before the new bec feeds power to the rx. So the rx can't check the system and arm before the Esc starts looking for the green light to arm itself. It's clear as mud, right?

RC Champion
    Or maybe it was rx before Esc your in the clear. I can't recall exactly it's been awhile sorry. Either way the power up sequence must be correct for the Esc to arm.
    Last edited by BL-Bob; 03-09-2013 at 09:43 AM.