RC Racer

Low cost electronics

Is it worth spending little money on low cost electronics instead of high-ends ? Did anyone have good luck?

depends on what it is and what brands they are if its rc related sometimes you get lucky but most of all look for reviews and peoples input before buying sometimes brands are good to stick with. if you looking at non rc stuff like tv's, dvd's blu rays and such then its about the same thing. you hear sometimes bad stories on brands like sony, rca, philips etc so read reviews and peoples input as well.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I have used the el-cheapo brand ESC's, motors, LiPo's, servo's, and radio's.... had a bad experience with a radio screen not working out of the box, but other than that I have had no issues.

I think I should also note that if I had read the reviews on that radio BEFORE I bought instead of after... I would have noticed that they were having quality control issues; but that goes for any electronic... name brand or not.

You should also keep in mind that these electronics are cheap for a reason... sometimes (not always) the cost they cut to keep prices low is customer service.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    You should also keep in mind that these electronics are cheap for a reason... sometimes (not always) the cost they cut to keep prices low is customer service.
    +1 that ^^^ ! I always say caveat emptor (buyer beware). On many things, if you buy cheap, you'll buy twice. Good luck!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot