RC Competitor

How much mAH can a rustler xl-5 handle?

I just got an 8.4v 5000mah Racer's Edge Nimh battery, and it doesnt work. It's fully charged and turns on
    my rusty, but the motor goes an inch and refuses to move. I switched to a venom 4600 and it worked fine.
    Any reason why?

RC Champion
    try recharging it or you got a bad battery . the higher the mah the longer run time .
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rhardy60 View Post
    try recharging it or you got a bad battery . the higher the mah the longer run time .
    What he said! ^^^

mah has nothing to do with power...it's the determining factor in a battery pack's run time. I would say the battery needs to be cycled a few times before reaching full charge capability.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys. I thought I read somewhere that xl-5 esc handles up to 4800mah, but I may be wrong. Lets try this out again....

RC Racer
    On my xl5 rusty I run a 5000 mah 9.6v nimh battery and get an easy 20-25 minutes out of it.

RC Competitor
    Recharged it and my battery works fine. Could be just a charger mishap, or maybe I imagined it green light out of excitement. But it's all good now

RC Qualifier
    More Mah= longer runtime! Have fun with the battery you bought! When it's time to get a new one, upgrade to lipo though!

Quote Originally Posted by iGoRusty View Post
    Recharged it and my battery works fine. Could be just a charger mishap, or maybe I imagined it green light out of excitement. But it's all good now

If it's a new pack, chances are it will have to be cycled several times to get the full potential out of it. In other words, you may get even better results out of it after a few more runs.

with the more MAH in a battery the longer the runtimes and the higher the heat build up as well keep an eye on temps both esc and motor and battery
    DEU 8:18 ESV