RC Qualifier

Pull start impossible to pull

I have a trx 2.5r with maybe a gallon through it. I swapped it from the easy start to a pull start. It's impossi me to pull. When I remove the glow plug the full start fulls fine. When the glow plug is in I can barely pull the rope. I have the owb writing facing the engine. Any ideas???
    Revo 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    It pulls fine with the glow plug out? If so, you could be flooding the engine. That would make it impossible to pull..

Normal. Nothing to worry about.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    I have the engine off the truck because I was having a hard time getting it started last night and I wanted to check the orientation of the owb. I held it upside down and pulled the string to get any nitro out then put the glow plug back in and still no luck. That is how to clear a flood right?
    Revo 3.3

RC Qualifier
    It sounds like you still have a lot of pinch. Try preheating the engine first.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Competitor
    Heat the engine up with a hair dryer. That's normal. It's still a basically new engine.

RC Qualifier
    Or a heat gun, I've seen guys put aluminum foil around the head and heat the motor then start it. The foil helps keep the motor warm when you are trying to break it in.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Qualifier
    I've heard about people heating engines, but this isnt a new engine. I've probably ran about a gallon through it already. It's just been sitting up awhile. The only thing new it the pull start.
    Revo 3.3

RC Qualifier
    I got the engine back in the truck and messed with the needles and got it started. Today I'm going to tune it.
    Revo 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Good deal, good luck getting it tuned and go have some fun. God bless.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Qualifier
    just ran a few tanks through it. at first it was hard to start, but once i got it, i let it sit and idle for a few minutes... and i kinda did my tuning backwards, but my idle speed was way to rich the truck would barely stop. so i set it, then i did the pinch test and set that where i want it, then i adjusted the hsn. i began around 4.5 turns out and slowly leaned it. i dont remember the exact amount of increments i leaned it, but i was shotting it with my temp gun randomly. but when it was up around 250* - 260* i started getting a little smoke at the glow plug, so i richened it back down to around 225* or so. i thought optimal operating temps was around 270*?
    Revo 3.3

Optimal around 225-240. 270 is about the max.
    The Super Derecho