RC Enthusiast

Robby gordon dakar body

Hello u guys, i had my slayer pro for 3 months and is time for a new body, i trashed the original one..... You know how we do it!!! Anyways im in the market for a new one, just dont know what to get...... I have couple in mind, proline silverado, or maybe proline flo- tek. The only reason im not so convinced of the the flo is because i want a real truck brand body... And i dont know whats the flo-tek.But the one i really got to say is catching my eye is the robby gordon dakar slash edition.... I like that body, im just afraid of spending all this money for it and not fit my truck....... So the million dollar question is, do u guys think it will fit with minor mods.??? And if it will what kind of mods??? I know the specs on the slash and slayer pro... I know the slayer pro has a longer wheelbase, but thats ok, cause i have seen alot of slash bodys on slayers, that with the propper trimming will work perfect. What concerns me is the rear post, the dakar sits higher, will the post reach the holes???? Please help. Another thing.... Man that dakar body is pricey $70+, anybody seen it cheaper????

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundermonster View Post
    Man that dakar body is pricey $70+, anybody seen it cheaper????
    HOLY COW!! Best I could Google it for was $72 on eBay. I wouldn't spend anything close to that on a body. Just my $.02 though!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Enthusiast
    Man....!! Im telling u zippo!! Its crazy, so what do u think??

RC Champion
    If you REALLY love it, then get it. Just be prepared for some buyer's remorse When I think about how easily things get bashed up in this hobby, there's no way I'll spend that on a body. You can buy a really decent 3S LiPo with that kind of jack! Again, just my $.02

RC Enthusiast
    If i get i trough traxxas u think it would be cheaper?

RC Champion
    Well, it's out of stock even on BuyTraxxas.com. Thus the high price everywhere else.

RC Enthusiast
    U know what, im bid in ebay, hope i can get it cheap, but u'll think i'll fit?

RC Competitor
    The Slayer pro is not a pickup truck so why would you want to put a pickup truck body on it it's SC race truck, so I would go with the flo-tek body/ that slash body you talked about WON'T FIT and to me it would look dumb, $70.00 bucks noway don't do it.

RC Enthusiast
    Is the slash a SC truck?? And if it is, that is where the dakar comes from, so how would it look dumb on the slayer??? Just asking

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundermonster View Post
    Is the slash a SC truck?? And if it is, that is where the dakar comes from, so how would it look dumb on the slayer??? Just asking
    Oh boy...this might get entertaining.

RC Enthusiast
    Right???? I dont want to add a conventional p/u body...... All the bodys i've mentioned are SC.

RC Champion
    You will need longer rear body posts, cheapest would be the Summit ones but then you would have to cut out the holes for the EZ start connector and screws.
    The slash body mount holes are spaced wider so you will need to drill 4 new holes.

A regular short slayer body will fit perfectly inside the Slash bumpers, Slayer Pro has almost an inch longer wheelbase than the slayer.

My Slayer body was cut up because I put it on my short chassis Revo and had to trim it to clear the large wheels.

Here it is just sitting on a Slash I built for a friend.

Last edited by Zepher; 02-09-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Enthusiast
    Ok, got it so i would have to buy longer rear post. K

RC Champion
    I fixed some typos in the above post, btw..
    ya, Proline does have longer posts for the Revo/Slayer so that is an option, it's basically bolt on with no mods, but does cost more than the Summit rear post, which the summit post will need to be modified if you run the EZ start.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,