RC Enthusiast

How do you like your pede 4wd brushless?

I recently had my stampede 2wd w/ brushless and my sons digger stolen and am looking for something w/4wd. I was thinking of sticking with the pede just going with the 4wd brushless version instead of a totally different truck for mine and going to get my kid the new digger or sonova digger. Just wanting to get some opinions from others on this.
    thanks

RC Qualifier
    Dang, sorry to hear someone swiped your trucks. The 4x4 pede is an excellent, durable and fun truck. Lots of upgrades available and easy to convert into any type of vehicle if you choose.

RC Enthusiast
    thanks...ya they got taken when we were in S.A visiting family before we could even get them to the track to play. Was debating on this one or the emaxx. think gonna get my son the 30th anniversary digger this time.

RC Qualifier
    I went from the 2wd Stampede to the 4wd. The 4wd is much more fun. Fast but more importantly controllable. You don't always have to take ya finger off the throttle to turn and it is much more agile. Also very durable. I also had a emaxx for a brief period but that is too big and take twice as many batteries. S4x4 is much better.....

Can't praise the truck enough.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Pede is a great truck, but the Emaxx is a beast. I replaced my pede for an Emaxx, can't be happier.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
    I went from the 2wd Stampede to the 4wd. The 4wd is much more fun. Fast but more importantly controllable. You don't always have to take ya finger off the throttle to turn and it is much more agile. Also very durable. I also had a emaxx for a brief period but that is too big and take twice as many batteries. S4x4 is much better.....

Can't praise the truck enough.
    Ditto here on the 4pede. I didn't want to fool with having to charge two batteries all the time and the 4pede is a nice size to work on without taking up tons of space for a workbench, spare parts, etc. Not to mention the parts cost a lot less (or there' s half as many) as the Emaxx. It's a very versatile truck with tons of aftermarket mods available.
    Caution: It is addictive, much more so than my 2pede ever was!

RC Qualifier
    I see a huge difference from 2wd to 4wd. Definitely not the same driving at all. You'll love 4x4, try it!

As i have said before the pede 4x4 is the swiss army knife of monster trucks so many hop ups and it can be converted to a buggy truggy ect .You cant go wrong and you will love it plus it jumps like a champ too......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    thanks for all the replies. I ordered the 4wd pede and the sonovadigger for my son today from my lhs

Quote Originally Posted by cford View Post
    thanks for all the replies. I ordered the 4wd pede and the sonovadigger for my son today from my lhs
    That is so cool you and your son will have such fun running the trucks together perfect family time.And welcome to the forum dude.....peace

RC Champion
    P4de is awesome!!!!

RC Racer
    I have both the E-Maxx Brushless and the Stampede 4x4 (also have a Rustler VXL). What I like about the Pede is that you need only 1 battery, its lighter so i haven't broke as many parts, its based on the slash so it has a lot of performance upgrades from traxxas (not just after market), and its easily convertable to look like other RC's. Right now mine looks like a rustler 4x4. But the Emaxx BE is a total beast. Its big, powerful, and can move over a lot of terrain.

I would recommend the pede 4x4 especially if your son will be driving it too.

And if you do get the pede check out the vids on how to lower the body. It looks so much better when the body is a proper level and not mounted so high up. its pretty easy to do also.
    Rustler + Lipo + Dirt = FUN!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by clmarek1 View Post
    I have both the E-Maxx Brushless and the Stampede 4x4 (also have a Rustler VXL). What I like about the Pede is that you need only 1 battery, its lighter so i haven't broke as many parts, its based on the slash so it has a lot of performance upgrades from traxxas (not just after market), and its easily convertable to look like other RC's. Right now mine looks like a rustler 4x4. But the Emaxx BE is a total beast. Its big, powerful, and can move over a lot of terrain.

I would recommend the pede 4x4 especially if your son will be driving it too.

And if you do get the pede check out the vids on how to lower the body. It looks so much better when the body is a proper level and not mounted so high up. its pretty easy to do also.
    thanks, ill have to check that out cause I didn't really like that about my 2wd pede either

RC Enthusiast
    That is so cool you and your son will have such fun running the trucks together perfect family time.And welcome to the forum dude.....peace

thanks..ya I got him the digger for his 4th birthday last yr after he got pretty decent at driving my stock pede. He loves it and his lil brother does too just not the big ones yet.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by cford View Post
    thanks, ill have to check that out cause I didn't really like that about my 2wd pede either
    JConcepts or you can cut the body mounts. I can't cut straight to save my life so I bought the JConcepts.
    Bash'em, then Bash'em, then Bash'em some more!!

RC Racer
    Love my Stampede. What you can do to it is endless.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by brian.cline View Post
    JConcepts or you can cut the body mounts. I can't cut straight to save my life so I bought the JConcepts.
    I used the battery posts and some nuts (cant remember the size) to secure them. then i put a small amount of CA glue on the nuts for good measure. this was before i found out about the jc concepts mounts, but i haven't had any problems with the battery posts so im pretty happy with them. (i also used the posts for the ruster body mount on my pede).
    Rustler + Lipo + Dirt = FUN!

RC Enthusiast
    I just took my new pede out for a couple min just to check it out and all I can say is WOW! This truck is freaking awesome. I cant believe the sensitivity of the TQi radio and the control I have with this. This is a world of difference from my 2wd. I love the lipo too I can really tell a difference and its just the 2c. I had to restrain myself cause told my son i'd wait on him till tomorrow so I can get his motor broke in tonight.