RC Qualifier

Hobbywing sc8 esc wont program.. Help!!!!

I got a new Hw sc8wp esc. I also bought a hw program card. So i hooked it up and the card wont interface with the esc. The card has power. I get 3 red dashes that appear accross the led screens where the items and values would be. Also it has reverse issues... This is a brand new esc and program card so im not sure what is defective. I contacted the person i bought it from and they said i can have a refund but i dont want to do that since i spent 30 getting the connectors and soldering them on... PLEASE HELP!

Make sure that every time you make a change that you save the setting before moving on to the next one hope that helps....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    You will have to contact the manufacturer. Forum rules prevent us from helping you with anything other than Traxxas products.

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

Doh i hope i dont get in trouble again

RC Qualifier
    13. No selling or trading of items manufactured by companies other than Traxxas. This applies mainly to the Marketplace forum. Traxxas items mean items manufactured by Traxxas. It does not include items made by other companies for Traxxas models. For those items, use Ebay instead.

It doesnt say you cant help a fellow rcer out... Just cant sell stuff thats not traxxas...
    Its in a traxxas truck so....i dont see a problem

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Here ya go:

Guidelines for discussing aftermarket engines:

The Traxxas message board is provided as a service for current and future Traxxas customers where they can exchange information and ideas about ownership, function, usage, modification, and enjoyment of Traxxas products.

In response to questions we have received regarding the removal of threads about other manufacturer’s engines, we are posting these guidelines to help you know what content is acceptable and what content will be removed. Please be aware that moderators do not delete content solely on the basis that it mentions a non-Traxxas, aftermarket engine. The determining factor is whether the discussion is application or service related.

The moderators will allow discussion regarding:
    1. Pros and cons of purchasing an aftermarket engine for your Traxxas vehicle.
    2. Sharing your experiences, either bad or good with a particular engine.
    3. Posting what it took to install the engine and what you had to modify to make it work in your Traxxas vehicle.

Please note that these issues are specifically related to the application of that product in your Traxxas vehicle. The Traxxas message board is not the place to discuss how to repair, tune, or otherwise service other manufacture’s engines. It is the engine manufacturer’s responsibility to dedicate resources and provide that type of information and support for their customers. Here are the things that will get your post deleted and, if you persist, get you warning points.

1. Posting tuning questions or answers about a non-Traxxas engine.
    2. Posting repair and troubleshooting tips for non-Traxxas engines.
    3. Posting where to find the lowest priced parts for non-Traxxas engines (other than a simple direction to check at your LHS).
    4. Attempting to get troubleshooting information for a non-Traxxas engine

If you purchase a non-Traxxas aftermarket engine for your model, we suggest that you first know and understand what kind of support is available for that engine directly from the manufacturer. If they cannot provide accurate, timely, and reliable support, do not look to the Traxxas message board as a substitute. Traxxas moderators will not allow technical support related discussion for non-Traxxas aftermarket engines. If you have problems with a non-Traxxas engine you will need to contact the manufacturer directly or consult the LHS where you purchased the engine. If you have questions regarding this policy, please PM the forum moderators.

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Qualifier
    my apologies.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by blazer View Post
    my apologies.
    You'll be able to get help over at the Ultimate RC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer View Post
    my apologies.
    send over a pm if you need help i may be able to help you out with your trouble
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Well i figured out the problem...
    So in the instruction manual it said unplug the esc from the rx and plug it into the program card. WRONG
    What you have to do for the sc8 esc (atleast the waterproof version) is unplug the fan between ports a and b, or maybe b and c i cant remember. There is a wire given to you in the pack that the program card was in (wire with 2 connectors, 1 at each end). You plug that wire into the fan port. turn the esc on and BAM! Its working!

Good man i am glad its up and running so now bash it......peace

what i was going to say for you to do blazer. its easy once you get the hang of it atleast that part the calibration part is a little more time and requires light patterns but if you get it working without that part then good.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Doh i hope i dont get in trouble again
    Wasn't about an engine...you should be safe.
    / 16