Thread: Pede 4x4 XL-5?

RC Qualifier

Pede 4x4 XL-5?

I finally talked my neighbor and friend into getting a Traxxas. He wants a Pede 4x4 but i can only find them in the VX-L. I coulda swore i seen them in the XL-5, was i wrong? Im a nitro kinda guy so never really looked at or shopped for a electric before.

Any help from the Stampede experts would be appreciated.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Champion
    Only the 2WD Stampede has the XL-5 Brushed Combo. 4x4 comes with VXL Brushless System.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NvDesertRat96 View Post
    He wants a Pede 4x4 but i can only find them in the VX-L. I coulda swore i seen them in the XL-5, was i wrong? Im a nitro kinda guy so never really looked at or shopped for a electric before.

Any help from the Stampede experts would be appreciated.
    Note, if you see "VXL", that automatically means brushless.

The stampede VXL (#3607L) is brushless and 2WD.

The stampede 4x4 VXL (#6708L) is hence, by the name brushless and 4WD.

If you go to traxxas.com, go to "products", click "electric", and choose "stampede (#3605)", you will see that it is the XL-5. This one has a brushed motor and 2WD.

The stampede 4x4 ALWAYS come in VXL configuration. There is no stampede 4x4 that's not a VXL.

Hope that helped.

if traxxas made a brushed 4x4 pede i dont think the titan would have been up to the task as it has trouble with 2wd as it stands. you can put the VXL in training mode 50% power only if he wants to get the hang of brushless and use only the nimh supplied or the lipo supplied depends which model you get if you get the new model with the (L) then lipo is coming with it and the esc can be put into training mode 50% w/lvd turned on. this is an option
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    if traxxas made a brushed 4x4 pede i dont think the titan would have been up to the task as it has trouble with 2wd as it stands. you can put the VXL in training mode 50% power only if he wants to get the hang of brushless and use only the nimh supplied or the lipo supplied depends which model you get if you get the new model with the (L) then lipo is coming with it and the esc can be put into training mode 50% w/lvd turned on. this is an option
    A brushed 4pede would make a good crawler with a high turn motor, but it's too heavy to bash with a brushed motor. You'd be burning them up all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ROB311952 View Post
    A brushed 4pede would make a good crawler with a high turn motor, but it's too heavy to bash with a brushed motor. You'd be burning them up all the time.
    In short thats what i was trying to say lol
    DEU 8:18 ESV