Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17

    Not happy traxxas

    i am not a happy camper i have purchased a tai remote and docking base didn't even use it once went to use it and worked fine decided to add my iPhone to t and had to update the firmware then ..... nothing absolutely nothing i have read around and it seems lots of people are having this issue and i think this is a huge fault with this product ... a lot of money spent on a traxxas product ... so i ring traxxas to see what can be done (btw I'm in Aus) and they say to bad you may as well buy a new one .... my item is brand new still in warranty and traxxas say to bad ...... NOT HAPPY TRAXXAS !!!

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by RCMANIAC774 View Post
    my item is brand new still in warranty and traxxas say to bad
    I seriously doubt that's what they said.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by RCMANIAC774 View Post
    i am not a happy camper i have purchased a tai remote and docking base didn't even use it once went to use it and worked fine decided to add my iPhone to t and had to update the firmware then ..... nothing absolutely nothing i have read around and it seems lots of people are having this issue and i think this is a huge fault with this product ... a lot of money spent on a traxxas product ... so i ring traxxas to see what can be done (btw I'm in Aus) and they say to bad you may as well buy a new one .... my item is brand new still in warranty and traxxas say to bad ...... NOT HAPPY TRAXXAS !!!
    My TQI remote failed 4 months after purchasing it from my LHS. I took it in and Traxxas replaced it. Strange that you didn't experience the same.

  4. #4
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17
    im in australia and i rang the customer support and they said 'its to bad and theres nothing we can do just buy a new one !!!

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    256
    It doesnt sound like Traxxas to not honor their own warranty... I'm wondering if *lost in translation* the cost to ship the Tx to Traxxas out weighed the cost of buying a replacement. Either way, sorry to hear about your trouble.
    Mini Revo VXL 7107
    E-Maxx 3903 - He Lives!

  6. #6
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    15,880
    Did you buy the radio locally or from the US?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,215
    I had that happen also. My buddy had an ez peak blow up for no reason other than plugging it in, and they would not replace it.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

  8. #8
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    15,880
    Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    I had that happen also. My buddy had an ez peak blow up for no reason other than plugging it in, and they would not replace it.
    As with another recent thread, there is undoubtedly more to this story.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  9. #9
    Traxxas Employee Nitro Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Chicken coop
    Posts
    6,193
    Traxxas handles all international warranty issues through our authorized international importers who legally imported the vehicle in the first place. Contact your local hobby shop where you purchased it for warranty consideration. If you purchased it in the US and imported it yourself it is a grey market import. In that case you are a US customer and the importers will not help you. If it is within the 30 day warranty period you would need to send it to Texas for warranty consideration. You would also need to cover the return shipping charge and and import charges. It may or may not be worth the costs. After the 30 day warranty period it would certainly not be worth the costs so the option is not even offered. You can certainly save money by importing an item yourself, but not having local support is part of that purchase. It is part of the cost/benefit analysis you must do before deciding where you purchase.

    This issue must be taken up with support, not the open forum.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •