RC Racer

Charger and Battery pac for TQi

Is there a charger and battery pack for the TQi radio? I see a port where something can plug i. All I see on in the Traxxas store is a charger adapter. No mention of rechargeable battery pac or charger.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Not that I am aware of...

Maybe the port is there to charge rechargeable AA's??
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

A standard 6V hump pack fits in the TQI with docking base. Not sure if the charger to charge the pack while in the TX is availiable as of yet. I just remove the pack and charge when needed for now.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Champion
    Hang on a sec.....you mean i have information on this that Jimmie doesnt yet......so this is how you feel all the time.....WOW, i like it!!

Oh, where was I? OH YEA!

I'm using an OFNA 5 cell receiver pack in mine.....I made an adapter for the charger that plugs right into the side of the transmitter and works like a champ!

Pictures when I get home
    Last edited by Redsawacs; 03-11-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Here is the Hump pack in the TQI.

Interested in how you made the adaptor Red. I was going to… but though I would let someone else be the guinea pig before me
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Champion

This is a receiver charger for my Nitro cars and the connector was the right polarity...just feeds straight into the transmitter charging port.

I did this back in May so I cant remember all the details of the research I did. I know I had the base apart and I had some TQI manuals or paperwork or something. I did know there was a traxxas battery for it but I wasnt about to spend the money they wanted for it.

The one issue I had was the connector in the base that you hook the battery into was loose and when I would push the battery connector into it, I had to make sure I didnt push it out of the holder. This would obviously lead to a poor connection and some frustrating afternoons. little hot glue made everything right with the world once more.