Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    Nitro. Please keep us posted on how you like the castle 2400kv sct combo in the rally. I'm looking to upgrade mine. I will be running 2s and 3s and I'm trying to figure out the best set up for the rally. Thanks. Sweet ride!

RC Qualifier
    I definitely will. When my wheels are delivered to my LHS, I'll pick up a pinion (most likely a 19T running with a 54T spur) and then I'll be all set. I ordered the snappy esc mounting plate today so that should be here by the end of the week some time. Hopefully. Thanks for the compliments Corey! I'll also be running 2S and 3S. Not going to 4S because I feel it might be a bit overkill.

RC Qualifier
    Also got these for the wheels.

RC Champion
    Those are pretty dope.
    Everything overpowered...

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. I can't wait to get my wheels to put them on.

RC Champion
    I bet!! Are those under the SC4x4 section? Too bad they dont make more TRX stuff.

RC Qualifier
    No I found them on eBay and bought two pairs

RC Champion
    Oh, awesome. Pulled the trigger on a new Black/green from tower also before the $50 off expired.

RC Qualifier
    NICE!! Congrats and welcome!

RC Qualifier
    Stripping her down and dumping her in a pot of boiling black water tonight guys

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitroelectric View Post
    Stripping her down and dumping her in a pot of boiling black water tonight guys
    Awesome. You won't regret it. Guess we talked you into it????

Man those CF beadlock rings are totally bunk!!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Yeah you guys convinced me. Plus the more I looked at the pics, the more I wanted to do it.

And thanks! I love them too. Still waiting for my wheels grrrrrr. I have no patience lol.

RC Qualifier
    Letting it sit over night...I will have to put it back together when I get home from school.

RC Qualifier
    She's done! Came home from school and immediately went to put it back together haha.

RC Champion
    awwwe snap

RC Qualifier
    On Sunday I'm getting my wheels, and installing motor/esc and will be ready to run!

RC Qualifier
    Can't wait to see that snappy esc mount. Will you be moving your reciever box to the front of the chassis? Do you have the bigger reciever box that comes with the telemetry set up?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
    Can't wait to see that snappy esc mount. Will you be moving your reciever box to the front of the chassis? Do you have the bigger reciever box that comes with the telemetry set up?
    No it's just the regular receiver box which is already right in front of the servo. I don't have telemetry . The snappy esc mount should come today or at the most tomorrow. It's been a week since I bought it already

RC Qualifier
    Is like to get the bigger receiver box. I don't run telemetry and don't want to. I just like the extra room in the receiver box for the wires I already have.

I think the bigger receiver no is only taller. So it won't take up more room on the chassis. Why don't you mount the receiver box in the front by the shock tower?
    Last edited by CoreyM; 02-22-2013 at 04:47 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Moved the receiver box up front and installed the snappy esc mount. Here's a pic

RC Qualifier
    Looks good. I like it! How bout you?

RC Qualifier
    I love it. Looks very clean and holds down the esc well. One more day and I finally get to use it

RC Qualifier
    The wheels I ordered were discontinued so I'll have to purchase them some place else. It's all together now; complete with a Robinson racing 19T pinion and metal 54T spur. Motor is in and everything set up. All I need is wheels. I'll update with pics in a couple hours

RC Champion
    Make sure u lube the pinion/spur before u run if your going to run metal.

RC Qualifier
    Okay thanks. You just put lube in the mesh right?
    Pics:

RC Champion
    Yes, that is what the nitro guys that run metal combos do, use chain lube, probably even wd40

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    the sound of metal to metal pinion/spur can be to loud at first but, it sure sound awesome!!
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    Picking up some Strc 17mm hubs on Sunday and then I'll finally be done and be able to bash!! Plus one of my buddies just bought an rc so we're gonna try and build a track in his backyard. Plus I'm gonna race this baby too.

RC Racer
    Does the ESC Mount have a top and bottom section? I looked on Ebay and it looks like it's just a top section. Your picture looks like it has a bottom too. Do you have a part number or? Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Yes it does have a bottom. The one i have is The LCG rally one. Here's a link to all MMP mounts made by Snappy: http://snappyrc.com/products/mambapromounts.html

RC Racer
    Thanks for the information on the mount. Just ordered one.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet. Don't forget to post some pics of yours! Did you get black or blue?

RC Qualifier
    Man I was so excited today. I got my hexes FINALLY and quickly put them on and got my wheels on. I went outside and got a little gut feeling something was gonna go wrong. And of course, as always, something did. Here's a self explanatory picture for you to see

Now here I thought " oh maybe I didn't have the pin in" but I grabbed a another pin and re-installed it. Took it outside again and then the rear-left wheel flies off as well. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but clearly this is not supposed to happen. It's a very easy install to do as its just replacing the original hexes, but this is just annoying. I've also lost the locking nut for the hex itself in the grass. I looked around for about an hour and couldn't find it. I'm contacting Strc about this and see if I can get it resolved. Maybe it's a defect or I need to thread lock the nuts inside idk. I can't try again because I'd be rolling on 3 wheels.

so, with the STRC adapters....the retainer lock the pin, right? my guess is to put a blue locktite and let it set overnight. i have the XO-1 adapters and the pin have blue locktite on them but its too much that you have to fight getting it in, i remove them and redo it with my blue locktite.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah it's the retainer lock. Unfortunately I lost one in the grass so I'm contacting STRC and have them send me a new set of just the retainer locks. Then I'll try again and hope for the best

Thy are Ofna LX2 shocks. There isn't too much travel but enough to bash around with
    Last year I put a front set of Ofna LX2e shocks on the rear of my Sl2sh but the Ofna rears were too big to fit. Maybe the Rally dimensions allow bigger shocks on the rear than the 2wd Slash... I'll have to look when I get home.

Have you had a chance to run it yet? Mine is a little springy with the stock springs and I've been looking for a different set.
    Last edited by O.G.; 04-03-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Have you shortened them? I do the fuel tubing mod which just consists of taking the shock apart, sliding a certain size piece of nitro fuel tubing on the shaft and putting it back together. That's how I got mine to fit.

I got to run it for such a short period of time because within maybe 1 minute, the wheel flew off. Once I get that settled, I'll know for sure how they help out. My buddy who works at a hobby store has them on his slash 4x4 and he says it handles and performs just like a 1/8 scale buggy. He said it was amazing.

Have you shortened them? I do the fuel tubing mod which just consists of taking the shock apart, sliding a certain size piece of nitro fuel tubing on the shaft and putting it back together. That's how I got mine to fit.
    I use to do that fuel tubing trick but, now I just add extra piston shocks.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry forgot to post the final product. So far it's an absolute blast to bash with. This thing really flies too on 3s. It's been flipped, smashed, you name it and still nothing broken. *Knock on wood* I'm liking the direction this is heading.

PS: Thanks everyone for all the inspiration as this was a definite well worth build.